Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and Virgin Media have ruined my Credit Score

Stu15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! I was originally a Virgin Media customer. In August, I renegotiated my deal with VM, but they made a mess of this and it has taken months to resolve and my deal honoured; however, when I was renegotiating my deal, VM decided to issue a new sim card linked to my account. I did not ask for this, did not require this, was not notified of this, did not receive this and was not billed for this. In short, I had no knowledge whatsoever of this sim. As a family, we had four legitimate sim cards with VM (now with O2) and always paid  our bills on time.

In recent months, our sim contracts were transferred to O2, including the rogue sim which  I was unaware of.  I subsequently received a bill for an outstanding amount linked to the rogue sim around October. I contacted O2, provided our details and was advised that I did not owe O2 anything. 

Later, I received a further letter from O2 again advising of an outstanding amount which I was advised I did not owe. However, to add further insult to injury, I  subsequently received a letter from a debt collection agency advising that my 'debt' of £45.31 had now been bought by them. 

Tonight, I  finally managed to get a member of O2 who was able to locate the rogue sim and write off the debt; however, this does not resolve the fact that this will remain on my credit report for a further six years and will negatively impact my otherwise flawless credit rating. This is entirely unacceptable, and I insist that a member of O2 who is able to resolve this and reinstate my good credit rating does so with immediate effect. I look forward to a prompt response.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Sorry to disappoint but this is now just a Customer to Customer forum and no one from O2 will read your post nor are there any staff that can deal with this complaint.

Sadly, the blame lies with Virgin but they have now washed their hands of cases such as yours (you are not alone in this)

All I can suggest is the official complaints procedure and the moving it to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. 

Warning Complaints are taking about 8 weeks at the moment

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

Stu15
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for letting me know and thanks for the link. It's been a nightmare.

Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Stu15 

If you are simply wanting O2 to rectify your credit rating, the advice given by @MI5 in this thread is probably relevant :- 

Solved: Fraud victim - O2 have not corrected my credit fil... - O2 Community

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Fraud-victim-O2-have-not-corrected-my-credit-file/m-p/1590...

I think that you are going to need to contact the O2 "Credit File Referrals Team" in Leeds. 

Message 4 of 6

Stu15
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that. I've done that now. 

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5688 Posts
  • 98 Topics