cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Store Leeds - iPhone Replacement - 'Hair do'

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Store Leeds:

Me: "Hello, my new iPhone is not right, the screen is yellow and it rattles, Can I have a replacement?”
O2 Girl: “we don’t have any sorry”
O2 Boy taking my phone and shaking it “yea mate, mine does that, it the camera mate” 
Me: “when can you replace it?” 
O2 Girl: “I know right! Am I bad for spending 70 quid on new hair, I’m just mad me”
Me: “sorry what?”
O2 Girl: “hahaha not you love, hahaha I was talking to my mate”
O2 Girl’s mate: “hahaha as if she was talking to you” 
Me: “errrm when can you replace my phone?” 
O2 Girl: “you will have to talk to my manager, he’s over there but he is busy, he’s always busy” 
O2 manager, selling a new iPhone to someone. 
Me: “errm”
O2 Boy, looking at my photos “dunt look yellow” 
Me: “what?” 
O2 Girl: “Garry! Garry! We got another iphone broken, when should this bloke come back?” 
O2 manager: “get him to write down his phone number and we will ring him if one comes in” 
O2 Girl, hands me a scrap of paper “need your phone number” continues to discuss how mad she is for spending 70 pounds on hair with friend. 
Me, passing my phone number over “can I have a receipt to say I have called in for a replacement” 
O2 Manager ‘Garry’: “No mate, like she said we will phone you” 
Me: Sigh

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Sorry you have been spoke to like this.

I Would advise you make a complaint about the store. If more people complain then something will get done. O2 Stores seem to be on a different level to o2 customer care im affriad.

Im not overally fond at present on some o2 stores my self and how i was spoken to last week. " Well, do you want it or not "

I have made a complaint and spoke to a really nice guy in the complaints who is now dealing with this.

However to you problem and I hope this may answer or help.

The rattle if its a little tingle rattle, is the camera lens and all iphones have this.

Its well documented on the internet and just put in camera rattle iphone.

The Yellow Tinge is also a well known issue and again well documented on the internet.

The yellowness is down to the Glue drying on the inside of the screen.

As the phones have only just been made, it takes on average 

2-3 weeks for the glue to settle and become clear.

If you are still going for a replacement, I do hope you get one asap and wish you luck, but do complain. You shouldnt have been treated like this.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also to remember that if you bought it during the pre-order online/telesales or ordered it since friday through the same channels the stock has come from CPW and O2 won't touch it.

Sorry Pablo, just a point of order here.

It makes no difference who O2 used to supply their stock. If the phone was ordered through O2, it is O2's responsibility to arrange replacement of said phone should there be an issue.

It is NOT for O2 to pass customers off to CPW to resolve their issue.

Message 12 of 18

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I can see what O2 are doing but I'm not impressed by having to deal with CPW I obviously didn't read the T&Cs very well I was under the impression CPW was supplying the phones for O2 didn't realise that meant all issues had to go through them:(

I'm suprised no one has asked this question yet. Was her hair any good?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
I can see what O2 are doing but I'm not impressed by having to deal with CPW I obviously didn't read the T&Cs very well I was under the impression CPW was supplying the phones for O2 didn't realise that meant all issues had to go through them:(

They don't. O2 is the point of contact and no amount of T&C's will change that.

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was her hair nice though?
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also to remember that if you bought it during the pre-order online/telesales or ordered it since friday through the same channels the stock has come from CPW and O2 won't touch it.

Sorry Pablo, just a point of order here.

It makes no difference who O2 used to supply their stock. If the phone was ordered through O2, it is O2's responsibility to arrange replacement of said phone should there be an issue.

It is NOT for O2 to pass customers off to CPW to resolve their issue.

It wasn't our stock to supply.  In terms of the order we acted as an agent for CPW and we clearly stated it.  When placing your order online/telesales you're advised (online theres a bit of text, over the phone you're given advice) that any returns would go through CPW.  O2 won't deal with any return/repair enquiries on the stock.   

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you will find Pablo is correct, all returns for iphone 5 are through CPW, I read it somewhere.

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

It makes no difference. Every phone O2 sells is them 'being an agent' for the manufacturer, it doesn't absolve them of responsibility to resolve their customers' problems just because they tell you you should phone someone else.

Message 18 of 18