cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrations don't work weekends - Customer Service disgraceful

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a loyal customer for 15 years the service level I have received this weekend is a disgrace.

I ordered online an Iphone 5 on Friday but yet whilst out on lunch I discovered your branch in Victoria So, Belfast still had some in stock. They told me they couldn't cancel the online order so recommended I take out a new contract which I subsequently did. They advised me once home to contact customer services to renumber my new Sims with my old number. Sounded very easyor so I thought.

Once home I logged onto the site and set up an online chat with an advisor who said yes no probs he could do what I asked. He cancelled the online upgrade order and said he had put it through for a sim swap - it should be active in 2 -24 hours. Low and behold Sat morning / afternoon came and I still wasn't swapped. So I went online again and set up another online chat with an advisor called Xavier. He listened to my query and said he would request the sim swap again and I should be active in 2-24 hours again.

Sunday morning came and it still was swapped. So rather than go online again I though I would ring to speak to someone. I rang and the automated attendant told me if I had a sim swap request to text a certain number and they would do it. This I did, 3 texts later they sent me a reply saying they couldn't do it, I had to ring 202 and speak to an advisor. Which I subsequently did. After a short period a girl answered and told me she couldn't help me but advised me to ring 08448090202, I asked was this a free call and she advised your never charged for ringing O2.

I rang the number and went through the options for billing enquiry or changes with my account. I then was on hold for 1h and 10 mins without an answer or even an update where I was in the queue. In fact I listened to the same song on hold 3 times.

During this time I rang 2020 from my other unwanted SIM and was put straight through to a young girl on Orders desk without any delay or holding. She said she could process my request but it would be Tuesday morning before my new IPhone Sim would be active with my original number. She also stated then I would be held to term on my old contract - incorrect this should have been an upgrade order - she explained the process again and I explained my frustration at the her about the very poor extremely bad customer experience I had experienced all weekend. Whilst she apologised she advised there was nothing she could do. She told me the migration team (no idea?) DON'T work the weekend. She would fill in a form and send it to them to action on Monday morning and I would be back to the 2-24 hour wait.

At no time did anyone else who I spoke to in O2 advise me that this was going to be the case - my sale should have been an upgrade NOT a new account (incidentally it is more expensive to buy the iPhone in store than online) an issue that annoyed me at the time - but I wasn't going to make a big deal of it at the time - now I find it a total disgrace and an insult to a very loyal customer who just wanted an iPhone 5.

I feel that O2 have not prepared themselves for the level of business for the launch of iPhone 5 - I very much doubt that there is NOONE doing migrations this weekend? I am also extremely annoyed at being misled indeed mis sold and lied to by a number of o2 representatives - the truth I could handle (somewhat annoyingly) but to be lied to in this day in age to just "get another connection" is a total disgrace.

As a gesture the advisor who told the truth applied a credit of £10 on my account. Whoopee do - its not the cost/ amount of money that interests me - its the ability to use the phone i paid over £200 to use and now appears that I have 2 contracts!!!!

I have sent this letter to O2 customer service complaints team to see what there reply is.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry to say it but there also web forms and txting swap to 20220 would of swapped your sim without the pain of this:(

Got to agree the amount of information is unacceptable ive been with O2 for around 10 years both business and personal. I don't think we deserve preferential treatment just a standard level of care which no one has at the moment it's not personal.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried texting and using there processes to no avail.. They hid behind web scripts and false promises....
Message 3 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Have either of them gone through or are they just rejecting your attempts?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are things still not sorted?

Message 5 of 6

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
Whwn you set up your new account with the new phone you got a new number with it.

A sim swap is to move an exsisting number fron an old sim eg one that your having issues with to a new sim on the same contract.

This is why initially the transfer did not work. The corrext way is to migrate the old number to tge new acc and cancel the old acc at the same time and this takes 24 working hours as its processing a cancellation on one acc and moving that number to another
Message 6 of 6