Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 RECYCLE - DON'T RISK IT!

wearethmods
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 recycle offered me £23 for my well looked after iPad Air. They claimed it had "deep scratches" on the screen. It did not.
I asked for it to be returned. They returned it in packaging that would offer less protection than my pants. I opened the "envelope" to find a nice dent in the top of the device, as well as a scratch on the screen and scratches on the side and covered in fingerprints. My iPad was FINE before these morons got their dirty mits on it. I always kept my device in a decent case and I always handled it with care. I AM NOT HAPPY!!!!!!

Clearly it'd be a massive ball ache to get any compensation from O2 so I will bad mouth them and lose them customers instead.

**** DO NOT USE O2 RECYCLE! SELL PRIVATELY ****
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You're not the first to have similar problems.
I'd never consider using any recycle scheme that wasn't approved and paid out in front of you in store like, CEX, CPW or Apple.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always had good experiences with O2 recycle but I tend to do it via instore not online as the quotes can vary. I have heard about the horror stories but guess they are based on individual cases 

Message 4 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well I have recently used o2 Recycle online for my old Galaxy Note 4 with no problems. The price quoted was the price paid. And it was in my bank account the same day they confirmed receipt of my phone. So no complaints from me.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Well I have recently used o2 Recycle online for my old Galaxy Note 4 with no problems. The price quoted was the price paid. And it was in my bank account the same day they confirmed receipt of my phone. So no complaints from me.

Thats excellent news @Glory1. You are one of the lucky ones. Hopefully news of their bad reputation is filtering through to them ....or maybe the scheme is up for a new tender? (Says Cleo with cynical head on)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Or a combination of both @Cleoriff says Glory with a permanently cynical head on 😄
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Or a combination of both @Cleoriff says Glory with a permanently cynical head on 😄

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8