cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been paying for insurance for over 2 years now for my iPhone and never made a claim since taking it out.

Just recently I dropped my phone and it caused a fair amount of damage so I decided to phone up and make a claim.

First off I was told that my phone would be sent off for analysis and then after a few days without a phone they will let me know if I deserve a replacement handset and if I do it will be a refurbished model.

I am really disgusted that after paying all this money every month for insurance that the best they can give you is someone else's seconds, a refurbished model not a factory sealed new one.

I feel like O2 insurance is just a big con and a platform for them to off-load second hand phones they have lying around the warehouse.

Does anyone feel this all underhand?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous I'm sorry to tell you that it's not underhanded. It's in the Terms & Conditions, which you should have read. The section concerning damage says:

"If Your Equipment is Accidentally Lost, Stolen or Damaged anywhere in the world during the Term of Cover, We will at Our discretion either: (a) Repair Your Equipment; or (b) Replace Your Equipment with a product of the same or a similar specification, as determined by Us. Replacement Equipment might be a different colour or model from a different manufacturer. It may be new, re-furbished, re-manufactured or re-packaged by a repair centre approved by Us."

The full T & C's are here:

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/4838_O2_Mobile_Insurance_148x210mm_16p_FA_Web.pdf

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous I'm sorry to tell you that it's not underhanded. It's in the Terms & Conditions, which you should have read. The section concerning damage says:

"If Your Equipment is Accidentally Lost, Stolen or Damaged anywhere in the world during the Term of Cover, We will at Our discretion either: (a) Repair Your Equipment; or (b) Replace Your Equipment with a product of the same or a similar specification, as determined by Us. Replacement Equipment might be a different colour or model from a different manufacturer. It may be new, re-furbished, re-manufactured or re-packaged by a repair centre approved by Us."

The full T & C's are here:

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/4838_O2_Mobile_Insurance_148x210mm_16p_FA_Web.pdf

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Most voluntary insurance isn't cost effective.

It's the same with household contents insurance....you pay for many years before you make a claim......if ever.

Car insurance is different because legislation states you must have it.

Until the recent low savings interest rates, it was better to open a savings account and save a reasonable amount each month to cover any non-regulatory insurance.......it's probably still worth doing.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
I always self insure myself. It's much more cost effective.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I certainly would never use O2 insurance. I know it looks an easier option at the time of phone purchase...but it never seems to give the best deal. I have always shopped around and now have the best policy (for me) through my building society....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5