cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Coverage problems in mid Devon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've been having coverage problems on and off since New Year. Feeling fobbed off with customer service who want to check my handset. I know its not this as my other half and a friend two streets down are having the same problem.

Either really low coverage or goes onto emergency number only and does not connect calls. Does work at other times but can cut out.

Just wondering if anyone else having this problem? I live in the Cullompton area.

Many thanks

Crikey
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
I'm in Cambridgeshire, myself and several others have been experiencing a lot of problems with reception here over the last 10 days as well. I've also been fobbed off by customer services, I've phoned 3 times now and its still not sorted, they also tried to tell me that it could be my sim card - but how can that be when several others are experiencing the same problems?? All I keep getting told that its sorted and that the technical team will call me back in 72 hours! Not good - especially when I have a 4 year old child that has a life threatening illness so need my phone and need to be contactable at all times and also need to be able to make calls at all times. Really not happy with O2 at the moment, I've never had a problem with them before though. Also, I've not been able to make calls or get on the net but somehow I have managed to get through more than £10 of credit - how is that possible??
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're having an issue with signal then when you call up o2 you need to be armed with answers because if they're going to take it up as a network problem then they're going to fire several questions at you. So, things to consider/that they will ask...

Have you tried restarting your phone / taking out the sim and giving it a wipe?

Have you tried a manual network selection? This involves going into the network settings of your phone, setting network selection to manual, trying to select another network that comes up i.e. vodafone/orange/tmobile let the phone tell you you're not allowed then select o2. (bit of a random one but sometimes they can be picky)

Have you tried your sim in another phone? Is it the same?

Is the problem the same when you are outside?

Is there anybody else on o2 you know that stays in the same area (ideally within half a mile of you) that has the same issue? Are they on pay monthly or pay and go?

The last point there is important. If you know of others that are having the same problem and they are very close by then they are much more likely to take up the issue instead of continuing with troubleshooting i.e. replace sim, have handset looked at etc etc.

Now, when you call customer services and go through all this with them they should put you on hold and call their network services/service operations team who after considering the info you've provided will normally take over the call to have a quick chat with you and most likely pass it onto o2's network engineers. Therefore it's the network services/service operations team that are the key link here between complaining to customer services and actually getting the problem resolved. So make sure that the customer services advisor you speak with calls them.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your responses. Sorry to hear the difficulties you are having Chery74, especially with your circumstances.

Canwefixit - my contract is with Carphone Warehouse to have had the fob offs an also the issue that they are a third party. They wanted me to send my phone to them to see if it needed fixing. I disputed that this was the problem as my partner is on 02 having exactly the same problem as me - as is a friend of ours who lives 2 streets away. All three having really bad converage for about 2 weeks.

Anyhow my partner rang up O2 customer services on our land line as neither of our mobiles would make calls or receive them. We both went through the SIM questions, etc. Still had problems.

However the next day Thursday 21st both phones are working fine. Don't know why.

I posted because towards the end of last year there were problems with water pressure caused by work to the mains in the area. People in our street had burst pipes and others were concerned. When any of us rang customer services they denied there had been reports of problems in the area. When you spoke to their workers on the ground they were quite open to there being a problem, gave advice about how to help prevent damage to pipes/machinery, etc. I wondered if there was a similar problem here.

Good that we're back on.

Kind regards

crikey
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah carphone warehouse's version of o2, used to have my phone through them, very poor.

Glad your phone is back on. You may find that there was simply an unexpected issue with your local mast, these are usually corrected fairly quickly. slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have aswell have experienced signal issues, I have an iphone, so do alot of my mates, and all mobile phones at work are 02 and are all experiancing intermittent issues.

02 ofcourse are completly denying this claiming its a handset issue at which point i reaffirm that if thats the case theres probably about 100 work mobiles they should be recalling at the same time!

Getting very annoyed and dont really know where i stand. I pay a bomb for my iphone each month and i personally think for that price i should recieve nothing less than outstanding service!!!
Message 6 of 6