cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Apple Watch Data Errors 15 + Others + Activating

Anonymous
Not applicable

These errors appear to have been going on for months. O2 appear to know of the issue, but seem to act like it’s new.

It’s not.

If they can’t immediately fix it, I would recommend seriously considering getting your money back and complain, (if you can, obviously your choice).

Oops error codes and activating are not isolated. This appears to be a systemic issue, (check the forum history for all the incidences).

Good luck.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Sarahdav987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I’m getting error code 106 after porting number over from Tesco, customer service useless, they’ve not got a clue how to resolve 😩

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it doesn’t help, but you’re not alone.

Don’t get me wrong, some of the O2 team advisors do appear to have worked miracles here, so there might be hope. But it’s miracles none the less.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It also appears some folk have had the watch for some time before realising the data issue, (perhaps phone was always nearby and powered on).

it’s conceivable that one day someone is going to try and make that emergency phone call and it will fail. Not because of a random unforeseen system error, but due to an ongoing issue that O2 is fully aware of.

Given the time this has been going on, it’s quite possible this scenario has already taken place.

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123335 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Sarahdav987 

I'll tag @O2Georgina one of our account advisors. She's on at 8am and hopefully will be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

After ditching O2 watch plan which never worked, I popped in to EE this morning around 10am and bought a new Apple Watch Ultra, data plan for watch and new EE sim only contract, (same phone). I then headed to pub.

Happy to report that in less than 2 pints all has been connected and is working, Everything. Even data. The slowest bit was Apples own a 9.5.2 watch update over questionable Wi-Fi.

All in about 2 hours, all done. Wonderful.

Not sure rumours being circulated about Apple QA problems, global carrier impact and other carrier problems stack up. Up to you to decide. I moved and it has worked perfectly.

This will probably be my last post here. I’m done. Good luck everyone.

To finish, I’d like to quote Mr Rory Breaker…

“If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda pussy to drink it.”

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea how my last post has been moved from it’s own thread in Tech Support and is now somehow bolted on as a comment in this thread???

Original post deleted / moved without notification. Really?
I didn’t post the above comment here. 

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don’t worry, I know why. They’ve used ‘span’ commands in the backend,(PSE) to splice together words from from my post so the Google snippet looks like I’m praising O2. You only have to inspect the page to see.
If they left my post as a new topic one click would have shown the real message, burying it mid page means you have to scroll and most folk can’t be bothered.

Wow, it would appear that my complaints may have rattled a few cages. 
Mis-representation, further proof that O2 has full editorial control. Another complaint to file.

Message 8 of 10

Sarahdav987
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff Looks like they can’t be bothered! Another ******ty example of o2’s customer service!

luckily I’m still in my cooling off period so if it’s not sorted this week I’ll be porting all my numbers straight back out of o2 👎🏻

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Proof. You’ll see that’s not how my post starts. Top hit for a while too.

image001.png

It’s almost as if it’s been pushed…

Message 10 of 10