cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception in office in central London

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an O2 customer for a few year. A couple of months ago my employer moved to a new office in central London, EC2A.

Since then, I get no reception on my phone in the office. Either I get 1 bar of signal, and I cannot make calls as they always break up and drop within a minute, or I get no bars at all and my phone is not even on the network.  The O2 map lists good coverage throughout that area, and indeed the signal is fine when I am out on the street.

Is there way to fix this? If I can't use my phone for 8 or more hours per day there's no point in remaining an O2 customer. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd go to 4g very quickly if I was sure it would work in the office, but for "may be better" it's not worth it.

Message 11 of 22

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My handset is a galaxy S4 and yes, the office wifi works fine (the base station for that is inside the building).

If I read you right, then nobody is responsible for making this work, and without my employer already being an O2 business customer O2 won't do anything? Consider that my employer would have to do the same with every other mobile network also, in order to get them working as well.

How can it be that a building can be "excluded due to its construction" when that aspect of the construction is only a year or two old? Are there no standards for that either with the mobile phone siugnal or on the building materials?

You also seem to be saying that 4g won't change things, is that right?

TuGo would seem to be your answer as you can make/take calls and SMS using the wifi network you said that works.

As for 4G remember it is only for data at the moment, if you make a phone call your phone reverts to 2G/3G.

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I simplify this, I need to ask one question:

Are your colleagues, whom I shall guess arent all using O2, all experiencing the same problem?

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

My colleages are all having problems, yes. Mine seem to be worse than the others though. I don't yet know if this is due to choice of handset or network.

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have installed tugo and will give it a try, thanks.

Message 15 of 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
that should be a solution for you and any other o2 customers in the office with phones that it will work on.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

One question though: I have my phone, that thinks it can recive calls at it has an intermiitent 1 bar of signal. I have tugo installed on the phone and on a adroid tablet, both of which have good wifi connections. Someone calls me. What happens?

Message 17 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can answer on either device, they should both ring.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, but if I answer on the phone, do I get the choice of regular phone call or tugo? Or is it always a regular phone call? Or always tugo (when the wi-fi is connected)? Always a regular phone call would suck.

Message 19 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have a read through the FAQs here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/tugo/got-it?q=signupq&#faqbasic1

It's a free app and it's still in development, just try it out and see how you get on with it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 22