cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service Abroad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. Looked through the threads and obviously o2 are having technical problems. I'm currently on holiday in Sweden and I'm not able to make calls, receive calls, send or receive texts or surf since around 1.30 (uk time) this afternoon. I have two o2 sims, one works fine and I can make calls, receive etc, the other doesn't even have a.signal. Tried both sims in different phones and no luck on the one that's out of action. Is it possible o2's current problem is to blame or is it just coincidence and the sim is actually knackered?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93346 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

I would think it's almost certain to be connected to the present problems in the UK.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem in turkey.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, nice to know it isn't just me who's out of the country and experiencing problems. Lucky I've got a spare in case of emergencies.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am in Switzerland. I just realized that i was not receiving any signal on my iphone when i saw an email from a friend. Until then my phone was showing a network but i didnt try making any call or sending text, hence didnt know that the signal didnt really mean anything. I rebooted the iphone and since then i have "no service" Whats wrong with O2?
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93346 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

From the O2 Homepage:

Network latest:

21:30 – We continue to manage the problem on our network that is affecting some of our customers. Customers may still be having difficulty making and receiving calls, sending texts or using data.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. Our engineers are dealing with the problem as a priority and we hope to restore full service as soon as possible.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Italy- Amalfi same situ..
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
it happening in most ppl around the world. I think it is related to the server that connect u to their o2 network (even if you are roaming, the network you are using contact that server to see if you have premission to roam.)
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had similar problem ... my iphone 4S was the problem ... I moved the SIM to a non-micro sim holding phone ... fittign the micro sim to traditional sim card holder size and it stated working instantly ..... if this helps ...

Message 9 of 9