Did you mean: 

New Sony phone

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12679 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

Just seen this add pop up.

Shocked the resident Sony expert hasn't brought it to our attention, and more than o2 haven't mentioned it either!

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/xperia-1m6/campaign?cpint=homepage_primary_tout-Primary%20Tout-en... 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38741 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

Haven't seen @viridis, said Sony expert, for a while, the Forum was cramping the colours and resolution on his wonderful photos. Maybe he'll pop in someday soon 🤞

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

To be honest its not really an upgrade its a bit poor, and I will be sticking with my 1V i think, well until the new Pixel Fold comes out lol 

You just have to see how badly it has gone down on the reddit communities..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Haven't seen @viridis, said Sony expert, for a while, the Forum was cramping the colours and resolution on his wonderful photos. Maybe he'll pop in someday soon 🤞

Well, you see.

One of the stand out features of Xperia since 2015 has been that each flagship has a 4k display.

Down from that you get the 3k found on s23u ect.

Down from that you get FHD or FHD+(which is just around 1080p stretched out wider than the 1920 pixels to something around 2500x1080ish)

Is that terribly important? Not really depending on how the other additions or improvements flesh it out but it's still a loss that matters.

The cameras, they will be the main focus.

Let's be honest, phones aren't phones anymore, they are cameras with a network plan and the ability to listen to 14 million songs and play games on.

The cameras are the focus, and what this thing will be judged on.

But don't worry, eventually another brand will put a 4k display in a phone and each youtuber and their dog will praise how revolutionary the brand new technology is and how it's like  something they've never seen before.

Don't believe me?

They used to call the waterproofing of Xperia devices a gimmick...

They said Xperias Z series megapixel count wasn't important. (23mp Vs 8-16)

Message 4 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

1000017892.jpg

Mobile photography is getting very close to "actual" cameras

Message 5 of 5