Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 - 2 Numbers (same bill payer) unable to be joined under MyO2

BenMMellor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been an O2 customer for quite some time now.

I have 2 phones in my name, one for me and one for the wife and both were visible under MyO2 until we did some upgrades this week. Both phones were on a monthly airtime contract as we'd long finished our 2yr contract.

My phone, I did end up as 'new order' for some reason and this ended up being setup as a new contract rather than an upgrade of my existing rolling monthly contract. My number was transferred to the 'new contract' by O2 when I spoke to them about keeping continuity. This number has now dropped off MyO2.

The other phone ended up up going through as an upgrade to the existing rolling monthly contract and that has been processed normally and is still visible in MyO2.

I've tried to add my number back so that I can see it under MyO2 and been told I can't do so as it's under a different account. O2 Support can't move it over either!

All aspects of the contracts in regards to bill payer details, email address, payments are exactly the same. O2's answer was to get myself another email and register the missing number under that email in My02.

Is there no way in this day and age of 'Big Data' and back end database links to join up common data and merge under one Login...

This is ridiculous!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@BenMMellor 

Only O2 can help with that and it sounds like you've already had their answer.

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Would this not be a case of bringing in another product again - assuming it has been set up with a new account/login @MI5 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

It appears not to be an option with 360 accounts @gmarkj 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Oh. Another perk to the new and improved system then!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5