cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi SIM or additional Pay as you go?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking for an extra SIM on the same contract that I can use in my car, having spoken to an O2 Guru I was told this was not possible.  I have subsequently discovered that you can do this with EE however.  The extra SIM actually has a different number but it's all invisible to the user, why can't O2 offer a similar service?

The only answer I was given by the O2 guru was to have a Pay As You Go SIM and divert calls to it, this would answer the issue of incoming calls but all outgoing calls would be taken from the Pay As You Go SIM so incurring an additional cost over and above the contract I already have.  OK then, I thought, so I now go to the Website to look for a Pay As You Go SIM, but this is almost impossible.  There seems to be no obvious way to sign up for a Pay As You Go SIM without commiting to either a £10 or £20 monthly charge.  Now I'm sure that if I went to an O2 store they would give me a Pay As You Go SIM with say £10 on it and no monthly commitment.  My gripe is that this is just not obvious on the site.

I'm so frustrated I'm really very tempted to go off and look for an alternative supplier.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147268 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Just order a PAYG sim off the website - You are not compelled to top it up at all - just top up when you want.
If you want just a standard PAYG get one on O2 Unlimited and that way you will get an allowance when you top up but the money will stay on your sim. If you have a pay as you go go go it will take the top up to buy the allowance so you'll lose the credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147268 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Just order a PAYG sim off the website - You are not compelled to top it up at all - just top up when you want.
If you want just a standard PAYG get one on O2 Unlimited and that way you will get an allowance when you top up but the money will stay on your sim. If you have a pay as you go go go it will take the top up to buy the allowance so you'll lose the credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, most helpful as I was looking at the Pay & go go go

Message 3 of 3