Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Forum Issues?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

I have been away for the weekend and I did have my phone and tablet with me. Access to the forum was slow and full of issues. Back home now and using PC and these problems still remain ...

* Taking ages to accept my login details

* Moving from tab to tab painfully slow

* Timing out before you are able to post

* Worse than that....typing a reply to someone with loads of relevant links..and connection times out again!

(Not even sure this will post if honest)

* Posting pictures is problematic

*I just attempted to post a reply to a new topic. pressed 'post' and I was directed to login again slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 1,812
1,811 REPLIES 1,811

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If i get a mention on any thread i don't get an email. Used to get them all the time. Using Outlook..web and App @Cleoriff x

giphy-3
Message 151 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Well I used to use BT Internet and last November all my emails stopped coming in. I took advice and changed to Gmail.....a lot of hassle...but it worked. (BT internet works on every site bar O2 I might add)

Then January 13th this year..... anything I posted in Off Topic...the emails stopped unless I was mentioned. For instance today I started the Concussion In Sport thread (Off Topic) and I haven't had one email..except where mentioned. So whilst I am sorry for you I am pleased it's not just me @Cairdeas

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 152 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Just to add @Toby has asked the IT team to look at this for me @Cairdeas....so hopefully they will address your issue as well...

I find it annoying because it means I have to be logged on to see if anyone has posted anything new in the Off Topic threads I subscribe to. Wantys and Virtual lounge are fine...probably because I idle around so much in those two places Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 153 of 1,812

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I get all the emails (use live.com) now outlook.com. However, they are set up to go into a different folder and ive stopped looking at them and just use the unread post icon on the forum.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 154 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Each to their own way of using the forum.

To read unread posts you have to be logged on. I am online a fair amount...but not constantly. It is only in the Off Topic section and only threads I subscribe to. If I start a topic or subscribe to one then I should get emails in. It's not the fault of my PC, phone or tablet. It's a Lithium issue. Surely not too much to expect that the O2 forum works as well for me as it works for any other member....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 155 of 1,812

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Quite right too. I don't use any subscriptions at all simply because having email on so many devices I hate constantly repetitive noise. If I did use subscriptions however, I would expect to be notified. I hate things not working as they are meant too, be it phone, car, cameras or the wife!!

Message 156 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Quite right too. I don't use any subscriptions at all simply because having email on so many devices I hate constantly repetitive noise. If I did use subscriptions however, I would expect to be notified. I hate things not working as they are meant too, be it phone, car, cameras or the wife!!

Of course Steve.... with me using my PC most of the time I have no noise...and phones are set to vibrate wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 157 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Anyway there is obviously an issue with other members as @Cairdeas is having the same problem....

She isn't on much and mainly posts in Off Topic...so she wont be responding to any new posts as she has no notification that anyone has said anything new...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 158 of 1,812

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff..I liked the way it was before when I got an email and could jump in and out all day Iol. Now I have to search all the threads and unread posts and its just hard to do in my circumstances. So I do it in bed  hence the corridor walks Smiley Very Happy x

giphy-3
Message 159 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Out of interest @Cairdeas is it just Off Topic giving you the problem? When you post on the Introduction thread do you get emails then?....(Trying to rule out everything as I did with my issue...also trying to sound as if I know what I am talking about) LOL

Edited to add...you say 'you like it as it was before'....I know nothing has changed forum wise .....Basically if you post on a thread and you have ticked 'subscribe to all topics I post on' in your settings (as I have) then you should be getting email notifications..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 160 of 1,812