cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2 (anyone else feeling the same?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this has been discussed a few times before but i just wanted to see if anyone was getting the same impression from O2 that i have been getting?

I have been an O2 Pay monthly customer for 6 years , my average monthly spend across this period has been £50 a month. before taking out the monthly contract i was a PAYG customer for 3 years regularly updating my phone and topping up at least £20 a month.

I have had no problems with the service recieved, and the contracts offered have always been good value and provided me with a choice of handsets and options..... untill recently that is!

The reason i have now decided to leave O2 is because they are basically giving me no choice.

The contracts are no longer competative and the choice of handsets is currently by far the worst on the market. If you dont want a iPhone there is very little to chose from, and what is on offer is outdated.

My last contract expired in May, i enquired about the iphone but for what i wanted it was to expensive and decided against taking the contract but was willing to wait for new options to arrive and switched to the £20 simplicity to fill the gap in contracts and see what O2 would have done once the second quater came to and end.

What they did was nothing! There are very few new desirable handsets and nothing has been offered to me by O2 (basically i think their is little interest in holding onto customers who dont want an iphone or something similar). So basically i have only one option left move to orange or vodaphone and actually get some choice.

Im pretty dissapointed i dont really want to leave O2 but there is nothing on offer i want and no sign of this changing. 4 months down the line and the choice of handsets still hasnt changed.

Is anyone else finding the same thing when it comes to remewing thier contract??
Message 1 of 105
104 REPLIES 104

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

Did you look at GiffGaff? For less than a fiver a month more than you're paying you'd get unlimited texts and unlimited web. Of course you'd have to buy a phone, as GiffGaff is sim only, but they also run on the O2 network.

And just to clarify, I don't work for GiffGaff.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 101 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bambino,

Yeah looked at giff gaff and was tempted...but needed a new phone as my old samsung was on its last legs and didnt want to plash out on buying my own phone. Gotta say my HTC from tescos aint gonna get me any envious looks on the bus but hey ho! It does the job!

Message 102 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bambino,

Yeah looked at giff gaff and was tempted...but needed a new phone as my old samsung was on its last legs and didnt want to plash out on buying my own phone. Gotta say my HTC from tescos aint gonna get me any envious looks on the bus but hey ho! It does the job!

Street cred is so overrated nowadays.

It does its job so all's good.

Reviews for that phone are favourable.

I too looed at the £12 Goody bag but the internet kept dropping out and was a tad slow.

Message 103 of 105

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bambino,

I too looed at the £12 Goody bag but the internet kept dropping out and was a tad slow.

You've mentioned that before, bob, and it's a little odd that your internet connection on GiffGaff is different than what you get on O2 PAYG. Theoretically, it shouldn't be.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 104 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bambino,

You've mentioned that before, bob, and it's a little odd that your internet connection on GiffGaff is different than what you get on O2 PAYG. Theoretically, it shouldn't be.

I know and thats the weird thing I cant fathom.

My daughter and daughter-in-law are both on GiffGaff and when they come to visit I ask them how there getting on with using the service, as Unlimited data is so tempting.

Their reply is as above.

We have all tried accessing the same web page at the same time and even though you would expect the phones to give different speed results, the lag is noticable or sometimes they get a timed out style message.

When we are all out we do the same to mix up areas we are in and sometimes the results are the same.

They are getting rather annoyed with me now because i keep using them as guinee pigs !

They say its not always like this but is noticable.

Message 105 of 105