cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2 (anyone else feeling the same?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this has been discussed a few times before but i just wanted to see if anyone was getting the same impression from O2 that i have been getting?

I have been an O2 Pay monthly customer for 6 years , my average monthly spend across this period has been £50 a month. before taking out the monthly contract i was a PAYG customer for 3 years regularly updating my phone and topping up at least £20 a month.

I have had no problems with the service recieved, and the contracts offered have always been good value and provided me with a choice of handsets and options..... untill recently that is!

The reason i have now decided to leave O2 is because they are basically giving me no choice.

The contracts are no longer competative and the choice of handsets is currently by far the worst on the market. If you dont want a iPhone there is very little to chose from, and what is on offer is outdated.

My last contract expired in May, i enquired about the iphone but for what i wanted it was to expensive and decided against taking the contract but was willing to wait for new options to arrive and switched to the £20 simplicity to fill the gap in contracts and see what O2 would have done once the second quater came to and end.

What they did was nothing! There are very few new desirable handsets and nothing has been offered to me by O2 (basically i think their is little interest in holding onto customers who dont want an iphone or something similar). So basically i have only one option left move to orange or vodaphone and actually get some choice.

Im pretty dissapointed i dont really want to leave O2 but there is nothing on offer i want and no sign of this changing. 4 months down the line and the choice of handsets still hasnt changed.

Is anyone else finding the same thing when it comes to remewing thier contract??
Message 1 of 105
104 REPLIES 104

Anonymous
Not applicable
.....I've also been with o2 since the BT Cellnet days but because of their dire choice of handsets that they offer, I've now received my PAC code and I'm off to another network!
I've currently got the iPhone 3G but because o2 refuse to stock the N97 Mini, I'm going across to Vodafone who do stock it.

I have been with pretty much every mobile phone company and O2 has by far been the best, Vodafone probably the second, as I have had no problems with them at all. I have a great contract and do not want to move companies again.
However, I feel like they should start listening to what a lot of their customers are saying about the Nokia N97 and the sheer lack of choice in phones on offer.
My contract was up 2 months ago and I really want the Nokia N97 mini phone and was told that they would be stocking the Mini in time for xmas however there is still no sign of it. Fair enough there have been problems in the past with the phone but that is the same with every phone..... they all come with some form of problem. I think they should consider getting this phone in once and for all or they will end up losing a lot of custom. Either that or a better selection.
I don't think they realise that the iphone isn't all what its cracked up to be and not every one wants one. It may be seen as a rival to Nokia but don't they see that if someone wants a specific phone, they won't be forced into buying an iphone and would rather go to another company to get it!? Therefore should stock phones that people want to keep their custom!!!!!!!!!!
Apologies for the rant but I am getting sick of waiting for them to stock decent phones, personally the N97 mini as that is the phone i really want, and have pretty much given up. I would like a new phone before christmas so if nothing has changed within the next couple of weeks.... I will be leaving and taking my custom somewhere else that will appreciate what the customers are looking for!!

...personally - everytime I enquired about the N97 Mini with o2,I was told, every single time that they would not stock it.....

Also, the problems you are talking about were for the original larger N97 and NOT the N97 Mini. The N97 was plagued with problems when it first came out. The N97 Mini, so far, has hadn't any....touch wood...!!

Sounds to me that half of o2 think they will get it and half think they won't....!!!

Anyway - for me, I now do have the N97 Mini on Vodafone, and coming from using the iPhone 3G - I know I made the right choice..... wink
Message 81 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I hope Nokia have sorted out all the issues with the N97, the return rate was well over 50% 😞

You could have tried the Palm Pre on O2 wink
Message 82 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am currently due an upgrade. i want the nokia N86 but i dont want to pay any money up front. they are asking £97.00 for the phone on top of my £35.00 a month tariff. i have been ringing o2 for ten days now and get the same reply evertime 'THE COMPUTERS ARE DOWN SORRY'i am getting a bit fed up . i cant even get a P A C code and leave cos guess what 'THE COMPUTERS ARE DOWN'. dont they have an I.T department. i am on the verge of leaving o2. i have been a loyal customer since BT cellnet days WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 83 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have finally got through to someone at o2 customer service. but sadly to say they are not prepared to budge one little bit on price. so i have requested a P A C code and i will take my business else where. after all these years with o2 since the BT cellnet days about 10 years and they dont even try to keep my custom. what is going on!!!!!. i am very dissapionted. goodbye o2.......
Message 84 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have finally got through to someone at o2 customer service. but sadly to say they are not prepared to budge one little bit on price. so i have requested a P A C code and i will take my business else where. after all these years with o2 since the BT cellnet days about 10 years and they dont even try to keep my custom. what is going on!!!!!. i am very dissapionted. goodbye o2.......

I know how you feel, I had a similar scenario and o2 have basically gone down the pan!!!! I have been with Vodafone for over a month now and I have to say im very impressed!!!! Any problems with the phone and you can get involved in forum chats with Vodafone Admin (who I have to say are brilliant). Their customer care has been very good in general. Plus look at the phpne selection, the N86 is free as well as the N97 mini....

Dont settle for this poor service mate.
Message 85 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
know how you all feel, been with o2 scince they were cellnet, and used to work for the link before o2 took us over, so long time showing loyalty, changed to new contract 18 months ago, and they gave discount on tariff, now thats finished they dont wanna know, upped the monthly bill and not even interested in retaining me as a customer, even threatened me with higher broadband costs if I leave, WELL NEWS TO YOU o2 THERE ARE CHEAPER DEALS OUT THERE FOR BOTH BROADBAND AND PHONE PACKAGES, as they say in the business, one unhappy customer means ten lost in total, so i'll be making sure i dont recommend them to any friends or family
Message 86 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok people r #### bout 02 u say the 02 shops themselves dont do great phones.... havent any of u just tried going to carphone warehouse and phonbes 4u (although i wouldnt recommened the latter as its such a joke of a company, but u can get some good phones in those shops with betetr deals but still on 02. that way ur staying with a goo company but getting a diff phone that they dont sell in ther specific store.. just a suggestion but worth a try i should know ive been a 02 customer since bt cellnet and tbh theyve been ebst company signa and deal wise
Message 87 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
I left o2 because of problems with 3G & went to T-Mobile who have good 3G coverage in London / Herts.

Unfortunately, T-Mobile's cell site at the top of my street was decommissioned so I went to Vodafone, their coverage 3G is very poor and 2G is also poor see below:

New Barnet Station 1 bar 3 g 2 / 3 bars 2 g

Oakleigh Park 1 bar 2 g

New Southgate 2 bars 2 g

Alexandra Palace 2/3 bars Edge

Hornsey 5 bars 2 g

Haringay 1 bar 2 g

Finsbury Park 1 bar Edge

Drayton Park No Service then 1 bar then No Service

o2's Customer Service was by far the best. OK not great 3G coverage but at least you get a good 2G signal
Message 88 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

I am allowed to upgrade from 19 August, and really want the white blackberry bold. Tmobile have a pretty good deal for this which suits me so I am more than likely going to go over to them, after having been with 02 for 6 years with bills £40+a month from since I joined.

The issue is, even if 02 were to get the white blackberry bold, I probably would change anyway as frankly, they are very uncompetitive, agree with you about phones and tariffs and are kind of expensive compared with others on the market. It used to be a status thing but I think I no longer care. If I could get a good deal I'd even consider orange! (shock horror).

I have a feeling when I ask for my puc code I will be asked lots of q's as to why...but it's a fairly simple answer really.
Message 89 of 105

Anonymous
Not applicable
4 months left and will be leaving after that. the constant outages of the 3g network isnt worth paying for. £35 a month is a lot to make calls!
Message 90 of 105