Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number

Ninja333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to switch my number to my new sim for 3 weeks. I was clear about both sims being from O2 but under different accounts.

I was told to create a PAC code, porting was meant to happen on 10th/11th June. It failed so I contacted O2 again. They said it wasn't possible to transfer using PAC code so they would cancel it and do a transfer of ownership. I kept chasing this up as nothing was happening. Finally on 20th June both my sims were disconnected and a random number came up instead, apparently by mistake.

I have been chasing O2 for updates but get the same wait or attempts to port answers. Today however I was told my keep number has gone to virgin?

It is now day 12 without my number.

I am extremely frustrated to say the least.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You will appreciate @Ninja333 that this is a customer to customer community so we can only offer advice ; we are unable to access accounts or offer other direct help.

O2 have a complaints procedure :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

However, it is currently taking O2 some eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints. In your position, I would not file a complaint as it will simply take too long.

There is occasional mention on this Community of members e-mailing O2's CEO direct and their complaint being passed to an "Executive Resolutions Team". This is all quite opaque but if you Google "O2 executive complaints team" you will find a "X" (Tweet) of 27 June 2023 from O2 to a customer by the name of Katy Evans that confirms the existence of that team and gives their contact details.

This community's spam filters mean that I cannot post a link to the "Tweet" - sorry - but at least you now know what you are looking for !

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍

Message 11 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11603 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

Dont bother with the Exec Relations team they are as much a waste of time as normal customer services, but all the op needs to do to find them is search for the CEO of VMo2 who is Lutz Scheuler which is publicly available information (VMo2's own website), he is even on twitter for godsake... and then contact him and it will get through to them... 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 13

Ninja333
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh I emailed but no reply yet. Thinking I'll have to make a twitter account at this point to contact him via that.

Customer service is still adding days of waiting time.. Now constantly being told 'number is in inappropriate state' and that it is being escalated in tech team.. Today I was told it's going to superior in tech team.. I no longer believe a word they say.

Message 13 of 13