cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance and warranty

Anonymous
Not applicable
The microphone on my phone recently stopped working. I sent it off through the O2 store to be repaired. I was then told that my phone was not covered by warranty and that I would have to pay £45 to repair it. I spoke to O2 explaining that I had insurance. They told me I would have to get my phone returned and make a claim.

At this point I had no information on why my phone was not covered by the warranty. Little did I know my phone supposedly had water damage. I called O2 insurance to make a claim, however, as I was unable to present any information regarding a specific incident I was told my claim had not been successful. Only after this call was I informed by the repairs team that my phone had water damage.

I am very careful with my phone, always ensuring not to get it wet. The only way I can imagine that this damage could have occurred would have been through rain. However, due to there being no specific incident I am now left with a phone on which I cannot make any phone calls as no one can hear me. I was told that there was no "accidental damage" and therefore I was not covered. I find this interesting seeing as I have done nothing to my phone and yet O2 are now expecting me to pay to fix it. I specifically took out this insurance to prevent things like this happening.

I am a student, I don't have the money to replace my phone. On top of this I was forking out an extra £10 a month on my already expensive contract in order to prevent a situation such as this occurring. I feel completely cheated by O2 who seem to have been able to worm their way out of providing me with any sort of help and leaving me with no phone and now having to consider how I am going to proceed. I could not be more disappointed with how this has been handled. I am going to be leaving O2 as quickly as possible and certainly won't be using their services ever again.
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23426 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3740 Solutions

I have no first hand knowledge, but from what has been said in the forum, Samsung are fairly good. It won't hurt to give it a try. I hope you have cancelled your O2 insurance as well. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 repairs & water damage strike again.

What phone is it?

Some phone manufacturers offer great customer service for warranty claims.

Message 2 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
It may be Better to get the phone back and take it to Apple for a professional opinion.
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung galaxy s3! Does anybody have any experience with Samsung? Are they likely to help?
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 6 of 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23426 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3740 Solutions

I have no first hand knowledge, but from what has been said in the forum, Samsung are fairly good. It won't hurt to give it a try. I hope you have cancelled your O2 insurance as well. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called Samsung, the customer services were really exceptional! Especially compared to what else I had to put up with today. They're gunna take a look at it and I'll let people know how it works out. Just cancelled my insurance! Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Sharbi

Perhaps update your thread with the final outcome please.
Message 10 of 13