Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imei bar/ blacklisted device

Blacklisted1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A handset I bought from o2 was imei barred and blacklisted in January 2023 by o2. 

This was not something I requested but may have been done by mistake. I have paid for the handset and have p.o.p from ee. 

I have spoken to 5 advisers in customer service.

The first gave me lots of reassurances and promises and hung up.

The second sounded as though she knew what to do and processed 2 forms/requests to have it unbarred within 24 hours.

The third had no idea what to do and kept giving false information and then said I would receive a call from resolutions within a week. 

The fourth simply hung up. 

The fifth said as no advisers has access to ABS system anymore after migration to 360 I had to come online like this and make the request here. 

As someone who worked in CS on the legacy system I can see why no one knows as it is a poorly trained subject in my experience. 

I have lodged 2 complaints and have still not heard from the resolutions team. 

Most of the advisers stated that o2 can't bar a device that was bought elsewhere which I know to be untrue and they ALL after more prompting confirmed this was true. 

An IMEI bar is not a suitable restriction for a lost sim card and no where in ant knowledge base process does it advise this to be done. 

Can someone who understands the systems please get back to me and remove this bar. 

I need the phone for work as I am without a working phone. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12594 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Yet another win for the social media team. Well done for persevering @Blacklisted1 and I'm pleased you finally got the result you wanted (even if you should never have been in this position!)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 21 of 21