cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would your imaginary ideal mobile network look like? :)

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi, hope you are all well slight_smile

Just wondering what kind of perks offered by other mobile networks, would you like to see on O2? Or perhaps, there's something that O2 offers which other networks don't which is important from your point of view?

Here goes  my personal list.

What I like on O2:

1) TuGo. Yes, sometimes it can be buggy and unreliable, but no other UK network seem to offer such a flexible solution of its kind, imo. It runs on 3 major smartphone OS + Web, works abroad and acts as a visual voicemail tool as well.

2) O2 Travel. A very reasonable solution for my EU travel needs, which is superseeded only by Feel at Home by Three. The latest, however, works only in a handful of countries.

What does EE offer that I wouldn't mind seeing on O2:

1) Better signal and 4G coverage. Yes, it's very subjective, I know, please don't hit me too hard for this one slight_smile

2) Roaming data add-ons outside EU, which one is bound to buy if he/she wants to use the Internet abroad, otherwise there would be no data service, but no risk of any shock bills either even if data roaming is accidentaly left switched on.

3) Global roaming minutes add-on for receiving calls and making calls back to the UK at a quite reasonable price. Therefore one less reason to look for a local sim in the country of your destination.

Anything that Three customers enjoy which would make me, as an O2 customer, slightly jealous? The aforementioned Feel At Home, perhaps. Especially true for some remote destinations such as USA, Australia etc.

About Vodafone... Not to offend anyone, but could not really think of any unique perks which could lure me into getting their sim, even as a spare one. 😕

What would your thoughts be?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me I would like a network to have :

Allowances that roll over one month.

A bigger Data allowance on Payg.

Voicemail usage included in my Payg minutes.

Calling Over WiFi.

A Myo2 style App that gives the same usage to a contract customer And a Payg customer.

Visual Voicemail on Payg.

Obviously good strong signal along with strong 4G / 3G etc where I live, work and Commute.
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure that allowances used to roll over years ago - I think it was when I first joined Vodafone.

The main thing I would like O2 to have is an equivalent of Three's Feel At Home.  I know there's TuGo but I would prefer to just be able to use my allowances at any time.

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

One other thing I would like my ideal network (or O2) to have is a UK based call centre.

Message 4 of 20

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great idea for a thread @cyrillicguy slight_smile

It would be great to hear everyone's views on this

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 20

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Rollovers were in VF around the early 2000's as I used to build mine up and sorely missed these days. Though in retrospect, we get more minutes and texts now exceeding the rollovers for three months.

I'd personally like a consistent signal which hasn't never been great in the last 15 years in my location on any network. Wherefore thou art 4G, o2?

But more than that, I'd like my allowance minutes used for all calls bar premiumns but including international ones like 3 do. 

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like @sheepdog said a bundle with international calls.

instead of having the international extras, and international favorites ,etc... there would be a set amount paid every month and then depending on the country the customer would get an x amount of minutes. same principle as the calling card, depending on the destination, you get more or less minutes.You would of course be able to use for uk numbers.But where o2 could distance themselves from the other networks would be by adding international sms to the mix.

Message 7 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I so wish international calls were part of the allowance. I have so many Thai friends but I'm restricted to Skype and other free apps at the moment.

Message 8 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I so wish international calls were part of the allowance. I have so many Thai friends but I'm restricted to Skype and other free apps at the moment.

Must agree with this @jonsie  If 3 can do it ....then surely O2 must get on board soon.?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful to see all this ideas slight_smile

Keep them coming !

Message 10 of 20