cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get to talk with someone senior?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had ongoing problems due to negligence & incompetence by O2 since transferring from vodafone to O2 in December 2010. O2 have repeatedly blamed the phone manufacturer then my previous airtime provider for their own ineptitude in failing to properly port my contract. My phone number has been in a void between vodafone & O2 since Decmeber 2010 meaning I could not receive calls, messages or texts from many numbers! This has cost me lost income, expense, wasted time, disadvantaeged my social life and caused considerable frustration. I managed to get Vodafone technical people to advise O2 technical people how to resolve the problem O2 caused, but O2 were either too stupid or too proud to follow that advise & wanted to do something different. I have been repeatedly promised over many weeks that the problem was solved when it was not. I have repeatedly been promised that O2 senior officers & the complaints department would contact me, they have not. I have sent emails to O2 complaints & not been contacted. Finally today, over 3 months after I reported the problem, O2 get my phone working & guess what, they did what vodafone advised them to do a long time ago! Now I need to report this matter to the highest authority within O2 and get compensation. Is it possible to get to speak to a senior officer of O2 or will I have to revert to the Law to get their attention? Clearly I need to speak with someone more senior than the Complaints Department as one of my complaints is against that very department.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Obviously I don't know anythingabout your case. But you should know that in the UK we have donor led portability, which means that the donor network (Vodafone) are in charge of the port. Unfortunately, they do porting (and routing) in a completely different way to the other networks.
As to your complaint, the next stage after the complaint review service is the Ombudsman OTELO. See your terms and conditions for details or OTELO's website.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Obviously I don't know anythingabout your case. But you should know that in the UK we have donor led portability, which means that the donor network (Vodafone) are in charge of the port. Unfortunately, they do porting (and routing) in a completely different way to the other networks.

I'm intrigued. Please share tongue
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its just that their procedures, systems and technology are different. Some examples, they have a longstanding issue which results in ported numbers being treated as disconnected rather than routed to the new provider (you can call out, but no-one can reach you); until very recently it wasn't possible to port an number into an existing account - the port had to happen at the same time the account was opened.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Prking is right. Vodafone have a completely different way of doing things when compared to the other UK networks which often leads to porting issues.
It's also correct that porting in the UK is donor led which usually means that if there's an issue with your port then the root cause will be the donating network.
Have you used the correct details for contacting high level complaints?
Email:
complaintreviewservice@o2.com
PO BOX 116,
Leeds,
LS11 5DS
There's not much point writing to the CEO or similar as your letter will be handed to high level complaints for them to deal with it, so you may aswell contact them directly.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both vodafone & O2 technicians have confirmed that the problem was at O2's end of the porting as 'the port was not booked by O2' in December 2010.
Vodafone therefore had me as a continuing customer & both vodafone & O2 were billing me.
For the entire duration of this issue (over 3 months) I have been unable to recieve any calls, messages or texts from anyone on the vodafone network. All calls from vodafone network handsets heard a recorded message that my phone was switched off & texts said unable to deliver.
I first notified O2 of the problem early in January to be told it was an Apple problem (iphone4). This continued until March when it was confirmed as not being an Apple problem, whereupon O2 blamed vodafone.
Vodfafone were far more helpful than O2 and actually looked into the problem for me without blaming anyone else.
Vodafone correctly identified the problem (which O2 could not) & issued a new pac code suggesting O2 simply port back to vodafone & then call the number back again to O2 - this appears an obvious solution.
This information & pac code was given to O2 early in March, but O2 did not want to do what vodafone technicians advised - too arrogant to accept advice from vodafone maybe?
Four times O2 effected their own solutions & each time they 'proudly' advised that the problem was now solved. Sadly they were never smart enough to check by calling my number from a vodafone handset. Each time they failed.
Finally in April O2 did what vodafone had suggested because they had run out of their own ineffective ideas and guess what - it worked!
Therefore O2 spent 3 months offering the worst possible technical & customer service and no-one from managemnet or customer service will talk with me. I have a senior O2 technical manager who agrees O2 service has been deplorable but even he cannot get me a contact from O2 compaints department.
I have sent numerous emails to all the listed complaints email addresses (only one of which gave me an automatic response) but no one from O2 has contacted me to discuss the situation.
I had less problems in almost 20 years with vodafone than I have had in 4 months with O2.
From my experience O2 appear technically inept, unable / unwilling to offer customers any sort of reasonable customer service & have a deficient complaints procedure.
Bye the way - still no contact from anyone at O2.............
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 network is never at fault - it's always the customer or the phone! :womanindifferent:
That's why I've given up and am porting out back to Vodafone and buying out.
Give the exec office their dues, they are going halves on the buyout charges....
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a donor led system the donating network actively signals that the port is complete.The problem of the phone not being able to receive calls is typical of a routing issue at the donor. Which can be cured by doing the port again. So I'm sceptical that your understanding of what Vodafone said is correct or that they have unintentionally misled you. Of course I don't have first hand knowledge of your problem.
You are correct that you shouldn't have to phone around to sort it out.
Message 8 of 11

raffles
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have you tried ringing 08008400202 from a landline, which should be free?

Message 9 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@raffles wrote:

Have you tried ringing 08008400202 from a landline, which should be free?

Hopefully the OP has resolved their issue now as this thread is over 3 years old, but thanks for sharing slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11