cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my email address attached to my community profile?

SurreyBoy77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 36 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I can't seem to find any option to change my email address for the forums. Since the new version went live last week, I have had to use my work address as for some reason my personal one woudl not validate correctly. Having supplied a new email address as part of the username update, I now want to move back to my personal address (don't want a work address connected to personal forum account!!) but can't find the option anywhere in 'My Settings'  -can anyone help? Don't think I 'm missing it, it just does not seem to be possible??

thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggest you PM Abs and see if he can sort it out for you

Message 2 of 5

SurreyBoy77
  • 36 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Happy to PM her, but surely this should be a simple account function? Am I the only one who cant see the option, or expect there to be an option to change email?

thanks,

Message 3 of 5

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

With the advent of the new forums, your username (email address) is tied into your username on the main site.

Try this, from www.o2.co.uk click on the drop down arrow next to MyO2 and select change personal details, when there click change your username.

I can't guarantee that will work but it does seem to be the correct place slight_smile

#siwy
Message 4 of 5

SurreyBoy77
  • 36 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Yep, this seems to be right, although what threw me a bit was I was changing my username instead of changing email address, as the email address is your username!!! A bit confusing, but sorted now!

thanks,

Message 5 of 5