cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrified customer

Anonymous
Not applicable
This morning I have opened 3 default notices from o2! That would be reasonable if I was a nightmare customer and dodged payments, but I have about 7 different contracts running and am rarely late making a payment. The three notices are regarding payments they tried to take on bank holidays (Christmas Day and 28th Dec - boxing bank holiday) when there was plenty of funds to recover payment in my account however my bank chose not to even show the direct debit on my internet banking. The default notices are dated 3rd January so o2 literally gave it a few working days, without alerting me to the issue, before they ruined my credit score! Thanks for that.. not! I'm trying to apply for a mortgage and this may have ruined it.
Just spoke to someone on the customer service number and I can't even call the right department, I have to email. I've made the payments but am stuck with 3 default notices through no fault of my own and have to waste my time detailing everything again in an email then again with my bank. Not a happy customer, seriously considering taking all my accounts elsewhere. Why could you not just text or send a letter stating my bank did not honour the direct debit before jumping to 3 default notices?!? I had the money to pay and always did! I don't think I ever missed a payment on any of my accounts through the whole of 2015
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Lets be clear. Defaults aren't issued after a payment is 3 days late. So, you might want to check again.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that's what I thought too. Even the gentleman I spoke to on the phone agreed there'd been a mistake. He agreed the payments were due initially on 25th Dec and 28th December. 3 defaults were issued on 3rd of January! Excluding bank holidays that's not many working days they waited
Message 3 of 25

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I think you need to raise this as an official complaint, and quickly. Personally I would do this in writing, sent recorded delivery. I would also check my credit file and add a notice of correction. I would also register the accounts as in dispute with the three credit reference agencies. O2 should also do this, call back and make sure the dispute is recorded by the agent to speak with.
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another o2 mess, we have a member here @viridis who has similar issues 

you can complain here

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree rather than email I shall write an official letter of complaint and send recorded. I'm unsure who the credit reference agencies are as the letter was from o2 informing me I'd been served default notices. Each of the three accounts were my standard monthly payment of roughly £30 so I paid them over the phone there and then so any letter I get from a collection agency I can easily sort by calling them and stating there's no debt. My main issue is the lasting affect to my credit score details. I'm unaware how to rectify this at the mo but will research and sort it. So annoyed though that I have to waste my time dealing with this issue just because of o2's incompetence. The fact Im tied to probably pay them roughly £250 a month after they've made this error annoys me further. So tempted to pay off the contracts and go elsewhere.
Message 6 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
Lets be clear. Defaults aren't issued after a payment is 3 days late. So, you might want to check again.

I have undeniable proof that you are very much wrong

Message 7 of 25

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
They are call credit, Experian and Equifax. You really need to follow the advise I posted above. The default will stay on your file for 6 years. And you can forget the mortgage.
Message 8 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Send details of the dispute, along with a copy of your credit report to :

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com 

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

The three main U.K Credit Reference Agencies
Experian Ltd
Customer Help Service
PO BOX 8000
Nottingham
NG1 5GX
www.experian.co.uk
Equifax Plc
Credit File Advice Centre
PO Box 1140
Bradford
BD1 5US
www.equifax.co.uk

Callcredit:
Consumer Services,
PO Box 491,
Leeds,
LS3 1WZ.
www.callcredit.co.uk

Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would agree if I didn't have the notices in front of me and gone through my details with o2 customer services. I don't know how/why they've done it and I'm sure it's not standard procedure but they have! I owed them nothing on 24th December on any of my contracts and I owe them nothing now but I have 3 defaults!
Message 10 of 25