cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Bar a Number?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me here as I have struggled with o2 customer services this afternoon. I need to know if it's possible to bar a number from calling you, I'm sure there must be a way of doing this....

I am being constantly harassed by an ex, average 20+ calls a day, 30+ texts and it's driving me insane. I don't want to change my number as I've had it for years, but I want to be able to bar his number so he cannot contact me, by phone at least.

Help Please! :robotsad:
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, I have kept all txts / voicemails etc... as evidence. But have just received yet another saying he's going to harm himself if I don't return his call, so I am going to go to the police in the morning.
But it looks like I am gonna have to change my number... I'm confused that barring is dependant on your handset though, but maybe that's just cos I am a girl! 😐
How do I access the Nuisance Calls Bureau?

Basically, o2 wont do it because they can't guarantee it will work so if a call they should be blocking was to come through and it caused a lot of distress then they can get done, also the amount of numbers people would want adding will just add up and will be a logistical nightmare eventually. Some phones do block certain numbers coming through by automatically rejecting them.

Make sure you don't reply to these texts, even if it's just to tell him to leave you alone, while he knows you're there then he will keep at it, as they say a showman needs an audience.

There are more details about the NCD here http://www.o2.co.uk/nuisance but you can access them by contacting customer services, they will send a call back request for you and one of the team will get in touch, it does show as a witheld number when they call so you can request it comes from a shown number so you know you can answer the phone.
Message 11 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Ring O2 Customer Services and ask for the NCB.

Unfortunately phone companies cannot usually bar numbers for you.

Tell the police everything and that you want to make a formal complaint, don't let them fob you off on this.

Good luck.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Double snap! I win. wink
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iPhone and I managed to block a specific number by going into the little I symbol to the right of the number and scrolling down until you see block this caller. Hope this helps
Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144325 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an iPhone and I managed to block a specific number by going into the little I symbol to the right of the number and scrolling down until you see block this caller. Hope this helps

Yes you can now.

This feature has been introduced since this thread was started 7 years ago.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

This thread is over 7 years old and but hopefully this will help someone. Smart phones are much more capable these days. 

Message 16 of 16