Did you mean: 

Guide Updates

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122972 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

GUIDE UPDATES

Recent discussions HERE about locking guides a week or so after they were posted, resulted in an agreement to have a section where all of us could ask for a guide to be updated if we felt it necessary.

So I'll start it off.

The first guide which needs an update is this one

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If you check it out it says....

•  "New devices come with 3 sims so you can choose the size which fits your phone"(I don't think they do? I thought one sim was sent and you pushed out the size you needed OR the correct sim for the phone was sent out with your device? (Confirmation please?)
  •  Is the sim blank or does it have a temporary number attached? (Nothing is mentioned in the guide)
  • Finally the question we are always being asked is, do I do the swap from my old sim or the new one? It may be obvious to us, but not everyone knows. 

Those are the things I think need changing or added to the Sim Swap Guide. Any more suggestions would be welcomed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Trevos
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 422 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't know this....... off to look now. 

S21 (o2); Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630 15.6 Inch UHD ( Intel Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD ); Fire HD 10 Plus tablet; Gigaclear 500mbps
Message 41 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Are we going to update eSIM to say that these are now available form My O2? In most cases no need to call or find a store. 

Did mine through SIM Swap. Took 5 minutes 

Only if on the new billing platform so doesn't apply to all, yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 46

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Dunno if my rough eSim swap between iPhones guide is relevant here, but here it is anyway: 

[Guide] eSim from iPhone-to-iPhone: Sep 2023 method

It's often the exact process users want to know (who they speak to, where they get something, et al.), rather than just the basics of how to do it. 

Maybe the seemingly two current options (depending on whether you're on 360 system for billing or the legacy one) could be put on the main guide?: 

1. [legacy users] Have to get a physical eSim pack from O2 (explaining precisely how). 

2. [360 users] As above or can use the MyO2 app to do this (explaining precisely how). 

Message 43 of 46

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5726 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@jimthing0 

A couple of the links on your footer are broken - "Apple case/screen protector brands" and "Usefull (sic) Links for new iphone users". 

Message 44 of 46

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

(^Yeah, on my to-do list to fix, sometime in future.) 

Message 45 of 46

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine came with 3 sized sims, and I picked the one I needed by pushing the correct one out.

The number the sim comes with is in clear writing above the 3 sims.  I rather thought I could use that number as permanent or change it after filling in the form giving the pac code from my last supplier.

Filling the form which allowed me to change my number was very confusing for me. 

Working out what they meant by the sim serial number was hard, after a few days I sussed that I had to pretend the beginning number on the form was there then copy the SSN number below the sim bar code ignoring the first 00 since that is on the number on the form.

Message 46 of 46