cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's just me, but there seems to be almost a mountain of posts/threads about bad customer service from O2?  ...I'd like to break the mould and post some recent GOOD customer service I've received.

It's not a short post - so pop the kettle on and bear in mind that I do not (nor ever have) worked for O2 or anyone linked with them. Popcorn

Following the recent iOS 7.1 update, my iPhone 5 decided to do the opposite of what the fixes were for in relation to the random rebooting.  (i.e. not had an issue in 18 months until installing the new update, then rebooting once every few minutes - even during texting and phone calls).  Frustrating enough for anyone, but even more so for me as my wife and I use our phones to text as our main point of communication most days due to her disabilities and cognitive issues, (she has Severe ME among other things) - so it's even more important that I have a fully functioning phone 24/7  365.

I'd already done the usual troubleshooting measures before ringing Customer Service (so the hard reset, a restore through iTunes to reset to a new phone, and a recovery restore for a total wipe, and yet still having the same random reboot issues - even with only the stock software on my recently restored handset.  ...Anyway, explained my issues and I was initially greeted with "Apple only have a 1yr warranty" (I took our contracts out in Sept 2012), "will need to be sent away for a chargeable repair, or you'll need to take it to an Apple store" - until I explained that I couldn't get to our local (30 miles away) Apple store due to no transport nor could I leave my wife as I am her primary carer. And I wasn't prepared to pay for a "repair" that was out of my control due to software.

To cut a long story short, after I explained the Sale of Good Act (1979) and the EC Directive 199, Customer Service agreed to send me a free refurb iPhone 5 (to the same spec as mine) - on a exchange on delivery basis - by courier, and credit my account with £20 to cover a cheap handset and a £10 top-up new SIM so I can stay in communication with my wife. This resolution does not interfere with our upgrades in August (even though we will be moving to Android handsets then  :smileyhappy:).

Even though the team processing the replacement order made a mistake which I was unaware of until after 5pm yesterday which meant it couldn't be sorted for delivery today (they arranged to send the refurb to my old address rather than my new one - which means the new handset I won't get until tomorrow) - they were completely up front and apologetic for the mistake and for the initial advisors being unable to offer final resolution (being an ex-Customer Service Manager I can appreciate that advisors can not always resolve queries in the first instance as the "slack" they are given is not always sufficent).

It's the same with any company who provide any sort of product or service to anyone. There are always teams or individuals who can (and will) help - it's just locating them and speaking to every member of staff along the way in a way you'd like to be spoken to yourself.  Let's face it, it's not their direct fault you may be having issues...

So to balance out the negative threads and posts, here's a positive one to balance out the karma.  Handshake

Let's hope it all goes without a glitch tomorrow, as I recovery restore my existing handset ready for the exchange.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi Kash99,

I have moved your post and created a new thread for you, as it is separate from the original post in this discussion. You can find it below.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Good-Customer-Service-You-must-be-joking/td-p/63...

Cheers @MI5  for flagging,

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BoB, I raised a complaint through the official lines yesterday - and am still waiting for the supposed delivery of the new handset today (Wonder if it will actually arrive today?).

Hopefully O2 will recognise their errors and poor CS and rectify the situation to my satisfaction, I'm willing to give them one last chance. Pending the outcome, I'll hold off moving my 4 accounts to another network in case they can pull something out of the bag! 

Plus - if they can, I can continue being on the O2 community forum and help others like you all do slight_smile

Message 22 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome @Anonymous

Let us know how you get on.

I also hope you'll stick around and become a contributing member too.

Take care.

slight_smile
Message 23 of 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Do let us know how you get on dazlin01,

Feel free to send me a PM if you get stuck or if the response is late.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully you will stick around dazlin01 whatever you decide to do.

Of course we all hope that by the time you catch up on these you will have your shiny new toy! !!!
Message 25 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the replacement handset has finally turned up. So that's a bonus, I can actually communicate with my wife now!
Not really a shiny new toy, but a replacement iPhone 5 64GB that for the last hour or so hasn't actually rebooted (which is an improvement on the old handset which was doing it every 10-15 mins).

Let's just hope that the higher complaints team can do something to restore my faith in O2. I'm still officially a customer until August unless I pay up the remainder of the contract before then lol. So I'll be sticking around here for at least a little while yet :-).

Think I've decided on a Note 3 for the next phone after these issues haha. 🙂
Message 26 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome.

The newly released iOS7.1 has stability fixes within it so it msy be worth updating your iPhone to that too.

Message 27 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94140 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what caused the issues in the first place BoB. All was fine and dandy until I downloaded iOS 7.1 on Monday evening OTA.

Maybe I was just unlucky?
Message 29 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's what caused the issues in the first place BoB. All was fine and dandy until I downloaded iOS 7.1 on Monday evening OTA.

Maybe I was just unlucky?

I concur

ie unlucky.

From threads i've read on Macrumors and from friend and colleagues who have updated they have suffered less safari crashes and re boots.

I always use iTunes to update ?

Message 30 of 47