cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's just me, but there seems to be almost a mountain of posts/threads about bad customer service from O2?  ...I'd like to break the mould and post some recent GOOD customer service I've received.

It's not a short post - so pop the kettle on and bear in mind that I do not (nor ever have) worked for O2 or anyone linked with them. Popcorn

Following the recent iOS 7.1 update, my iPhone 5 decided to do the opposite of what the fixes were for in relation to the random rebooting.  (i.e. not had an issue in 18 months until installing the new update, then rebooting once every few minutes - even during texting and phone calls).  Frustrating enough for anyone, but even more so for me as my wife and I use our phones to text as our main point of communication most days due to her disabilities and cognitive issues, (she has Severe ME among other things) - so it's even more important that I have a fully functioning phone 24/7  365.

I'd already done the usual troubleshooting measures before ringing Customer Service (so the hard reset, a restore through iTunes to reset to a new phone, and a recovery restore for a total wipe, and yet still having the same random reboot issues - even with only the stock software on my recently restored handset.  ...Anyway, explained my issues and I was initially greeted with "Apple only have a 1yr warranty" (I took our contracts out in Sept 2012), "will need to be sent away for a chargeable repair, or you'll need to take it to an Apple store" - until I explained that I couldn't get to our local (30 miles away) Apple store due to no transport nor could I leave my wife as I am her primary carer. And I wasn't prepared to pay for a "repair" that was out of my control due to software.

To cut a long story short, after I explained the Sale of Good Act (1979) and the EC Directive 199, Customer Service agreed to send me a free refurb iPhone 5 (to the same spec as mine) - on a exchange on delivery basis - by courier, and credit my account with £20 to cover a cheap handset and a £10 top-up new SIM so I can stay in communication with my wife. This resolution does not interfere with our upgrades in August (even though we will be moving to Android handsets then  :smileyhappy:).

Even though the team processing the replacement order made a mistake which I was unaware of until after 5pm yesterday which meant it couldn't be sorted for delivery today (they arranged to send the refurb to my old address rather than my new one - which means the new handset I won't get until tomorrow) - they were completely up front and apologetic for the mistake and for the initial advisors being unable to offer final resolution (being an ex-Customer Service Manager I can appreciate that advisors can not always resolve queries in the first instance as the "slack" they are given is not always sufficent).

It's the same with any company who provide any sort of product or service to anyone. There are always teams or individuals who can (and will) help - it's just locating them and speaking to every member of staff along the way in a way you'd like to be spoken to yourself.  Let's face it, it's not their direct fault you may be having issues...

So to balance out the negative threads and posts, here's a positive one to balance out the karma.  Handshake

Let's hope it all goes without a glitch tomorrow, as I recovery restore my existing handset ready for the exchange.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well thank you for the coffee break.

And thank you for sharing.

Looking forward to your update.

wink
Message 2 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149658 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28518 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very good to hear it just shows you what can be done if they want to thanks for sharing
Message 4 of 47

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Fantastic post Darren, thanks for sharing!

I agree with bandofbrothers, I await your update slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add my two penneth, I had occasion to visit the O2 shop in the High Street Southend 0n Sea this afternoon and I was very impressed with the young lady who served me. Cheerful, smiling, polite, professional and so very helpful. Such a contrast to the staff one meets at many high street shops these days. Well done O2.

Message 6 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby could you feedback @Anonymous 's experience so the manager of the shop is advised about his staff.

Worth while IMO.
Message 7 of 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I sure can BoB slight_smile

@Anonymous Thanks for this, I'll let the team know. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any more info!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear of a positive shop experience too slight_smile
Message 9 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add my bit - the O2 shop, Sheep Street = just off the High Street, Skipton, North Yorkshire ..... well I made O2 my choice of mobile phone provider because of that O2 shop many years ago - I live just 5 mins away from it by foot & have had nothing but excellent help from all staff I've seen over the years ..... never have I been made to feel 'small' because of my age & lack of general IT savvy ..... my favourite person in the shop atm is (& sorry, I don't know his name) is a young man with a smashing Irish lilt/burr to his voice - as with all the staff he understands his customers very, very well - it sounds like I monopolize him = I'm damm sure he, like the rest of the staff past & present treats every visitor to the shop the same .....

The shop was recently closed for about 3 weeks due to 're-furbishment' yes but it was more than that it was much technicalogical stuff too I'd say ..... the shop is very white, clean looking, large glass frontage with centre double glass doors open & welcoming & yes the staff smile natural-like .....

With the O2 shop's 'technological' re-do it is unlikly to close ..... my friend Brian's mobile phone provider = 3, well the Keighley shop has closed down recently so Brian tells me & now the nearest shop is Bradford = needless to say he'll be changing his mobile phone company

Sorry to have gone on so long = didn't mean to, but a bouquet thrown to O2 shop Skipton = anyone can throw a brick bat anywhere eh?

XXXXX Cat Cat Very Happy

Message 10 of 47