Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate posts due to no update/response from authors

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

In my opinion, the whole point of the O2 Community pages is for users to communicate with eachother.  The community is split up into sections to ease the use of the site.

Members post random discussions or problems that they are facing and other members respond.

It is slightly annoying to me (I don't know about anyone else) when members respond to a post to try to help them out, and then they don't reply.  I think that this causes a few issues as :-

1- We don't know if our suggestion worked and if that is the solution to the problem (if so then it would help other users).

2- Other members may have the same problem and as there is no definite solution for the post, they create a new post and therefore numerous duplicate posts will be here and this would cause confusion.

I would suggest that if you make a post, particularly if it is not in the 'off topic' section, then you should go back on the post to update other members on whether the suggestion has fixed the problem or if the problem is still occurring.

Please help other members 🙂

** P.S I did check on the boards for a duplicate prior to posting this **

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Good idea Adam,

How about something like, "3.1: If you are able to, please report back to members to respond to your issue on your forum thread. This lets other members know if you still need help, or if your problems are resolved "?

How about something along the lines of my edit

3.1: If you are able to, please report back to members who responded to your issue on your forum thread. This lets other members know if you still need help, or if your problems are resolved. If a response was the solution to the issue mark it as the solution this will help others with a similar issue.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 27

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Ah yes, the 'helps other's' part is a good addition.

I'll talk to Chiara first, but this seems to be a an obvious addition to me. Nicely done Adam!

If you guys have any other ideas for added points, feel free to add them here.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 27

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I agree @Toby - people should not be punished for it as it's not a huge unthinkable act to not respond and there may be genuine reasons for not responding, the obvious one being that they are unable to get online.

Message 13 of 27

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23553 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

I seriously doubt that many people read the guidelines. Most people come to the forum because they have a problem and want it resolved yesterday, or they've got a bee in their bonnet about O2 and want to have a rant. I would say that constitutes at least 90% of the posts. Those people will not take the time to read any guidelines.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 27

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Bambino The only thing I can suggest is a more formal approach - such as setting out the guidelines and accepting them prior posting a thread - but I think that will be a lot of work for something which people probably will not take notice to. 

It's not illegal, it's just an inconvenience.

Message 15 of 27

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23553 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

I can see and understand your concept, but as you say, it would be a lot of work probably for nothing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

I seriously doubt that many people read the guidelines. Most people come to the forum because they have a problem and want it resolved yesterday, or they've got a bee in their bonnet about O2 and want to have a rant. I would say that constitutes at least 90% of the posts. Those people will not take the time to read any guidelines.

This.

You can change guidelines or terms and conditions until the cows come home, theres no way of making someone come back to the forum or to let us know what the resolution was.

Yes, the more polite users and those who understand the concept of how a forum/community works will come back and mark a post as a solution but sadly people just want things fixed yesterday or to have a moan and then they'll be on their way.

Message 17 of 27

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I know we cannot force people to respond/accept solution and it is apparent that people come on here as a one off to vent or ask a question and then they never come back on it.

It is a shame but there's nothing we can do about it.

@Toby cannot send law suits to everyone forcing them to respond or threaten to take them to court......yet LOL 

Crazy

Message 18 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

@Toby cannot send law suits to everyone forcing them to respond or threaten to take them to court......yet LOL 

Steady Gem it's only a forum! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 27

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

gemz4the1 wrote:

Crazy

Haha....now there's an idea tongue_winking

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 27