cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in o2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went into the live chat to see if i could downgrade my contract as im paying around the £45 mark a month for 600mins, unlimited texts, plus my insurance. And i spoke to someone called "Daisy" and she told me i could downgrade to £30(£37.50 for my insurance) for 300mins and unlimited texts. Then i asked whats the lowest i can downgrade to and she said £20(£27.50 for my insurance) for 100mins and unlimited. Now i was gob smacked at them rubbish deals. So i was told i could downgrade twice within me downgrading to the £30 deal.
So i rang up o2 and spoke to someone called "Robin" who said i can't downgrade until april but as a jester of good will she would downgrade me for the confusion i went through. Then i thought no and told her i dont want it.
Then after thinking about it i thought at the end of the day its £5 i aint got. So rang back up and spoke to someone called "Danny" who told me i cant downgrade to the 22nd of march! So i was told 3 different things and was confused. Then after a little discussion with "Danny" he said he would ring me back once he spoke to hes manager. So he rang back and offered me a downgrade to the £30 deal.
So yes im very pee'd offered at the rubbish deals i was offered to downgrade. So much for being a loyal customer for 5 years. Ill be changing provider when my contract ends. Im also pee'd off that my friends who are also on o2 are paying what im paying for more then 600mins a month.
My top tip, get upgrades, down grades etc.. double checked. No wait triple checked!
P.S i don't £5 off if i take out an o2 broadband deal slight_smile
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went into the live chat to see if i could downgrade my contract as im paying around the £45 mark a month for 600mins, unlimited texts, plus my insurance. And i spoke to someone called "Daisy" and she told me i could downgrade to £30(£37.50 for my insurance) for 300mins and unlimited texts. Then i asked whats the lowest i can downgrade to and she said £20(£27.50 for my insurance) for 100mins and unlimited. Now i was gob smacked at them rubbish deals. So i was told i could downgrade twice within me downgrading to the £30 deal.
So i rang up o2 and spoke to someone called "Robin" who said i can't downgrade until april but as a jester of good will she would downgrade me for the confusion i went through. Then i thought no and told her i dont want it.
Then after thinking about it i thought at the end of the day its £5 i aint got. So rang back up and spoke to someone called "Danny" who told me i cant downgrade to the 22nd of march! So i was told 3 different things and was confused. Then after a little discussion with "Danny" he said he would ring me back once he spoke to hes manager. So he rang back and offered me a downgrade to the £30 deal.
So yes im very pee'd offered at the rubbish deals i was offered to downgrade. So much for being a loyal customer for 5 years. Ill be changing provider when my contract ends. Im also pee'd off that my friends who are also on o2 are paying what im paying for more then 600mins a month.
My top tip, get upgrades, down grades etc.. double checked. No wait triple checked!

So. Basically you are disappointed because you can't renegotiate halfway through the minimum term of a credit agreement :womanindifferent:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought i was already half way, hence asking to downgrade. But i have to wait a month.
Message 3 of 9

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3322 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
"jester of good will". Nice pun wink
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
But you can downgrade as they have already offered it as a goodwill gesture. From your post it looks like you are annoyed they won't offer some kind of loyalty discount because you've been with them five years. That's what I was getting at.
@sheepdog grin
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
"jester of good will". Nice pun wink

Made my day.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You seem annoyed at being offered standard tariffs that are generally available. What else were you expecting? A lower price while keeping all the same minutes? Get real.
Still, "jester of goodwill"! I like that so much I think I'll use it one day.
Do you know why it's funny?
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

😐 Is it me? 😐
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

😐 Is it me? 😐

Sadly, no it isn't.
Message 9 of 9