Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device benchmarks and marketing

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Synthetic benchmarks and bias to certain technology companies have been prevalent for a while and used as a marketting tool for big technology companies. In the mobile technology, the leaders in perceived synthetic and not real world use are Exynos by Samsung and the A series processors which are designed and created for Apple which lead in GPU and CPU performance for a low power consumption quota. Apple processors may created in-house however I have no backing evidence without research.

I noticed only a couple of software vendors only that produce more real world results and some skewed results created by handset software vendors or by a "personal bias" by the software developers meaning certain processor optomisations are taken advantage of. So anybody viewing these on review websites or indeed youtube videos are getting an unrealistic or at least a one dimensional view of the hadware.

I go with my needs and budget not reviews alone, although it's useful to know some of the unadvertised gltches or bugbears too. As long as I can get A to B without much hassle, it's all good.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144521 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Apple design their own processors but they are manufactured by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSMC
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Cheers for that extra info.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 3