Did you mean: 

Device Trial - Note 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions

First Impressions.

I wanted to start this now as I think I'm gonna have so much to say and I don't want to forget anything....

So, anyway WOW !!!!

First thing you notice is the size, obviously.

It's big, but it's not too big. Overall it's not much bigger than my One but the screen looks twice the size.

Talking of the screen, the colours and resolution are just mind blowing.

Air gestures are simply just so convenient you wonder why every phone doesn't have them.

Hover over the lock screen and get notification previews, scroll the page with your eyes, answer a call by waving at the phone (which enables speaker phone mode) - Just so "right" in every way.

There is so much on here as standard I haven't even downloaded one single app of my own yet and I'm still playing with the stock features.....

I haven't turned my tablet on yet since this arrived either as using the S Pen on forums is easy and accurate. Handwriting recognition is linked to the inbuilt dictionary so even if you mis spell a word it still recognises it and enters it correctly....

Anyway, that's it for now so I'm off to play some more.

I'll be watching some TV on it later and on this screen it's gonna be amazing slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions

Sadly the time has come to send the phone back, so finally I'll mention camera and S Pen.

Firstly a random photo of my kitchen taken in the dark (sorry about the rotation but you get the quality)

2014-01-15 22.57.48.jpg

I took a few other shots of one of kids birthday parties but in fairness to other kids in photos I won't post them. Never the less the camera, I think, is excellent.

S-Pen

Draw a square anywhere on the screen and the S Pen window appears. You can decide what appears in this window so you can set it as a useful shortcut to your most common apps, or to a set of utilities, for example.... Very handy.

Click the side button to open up the command centre slight_smile where you can chose from "scrapbooker, action menu, screen write, s finder or pen window"

All of these are useful applications and the one I used and liked the most was Action Window". If you write a number in the window you can click it to dial. If you write down an address, click it to go directly to Google maps, etc - So slick !!

Many other functions which I could go on about or even learn about (I am finding something new everytime I pick up the phone).

Walk away and leave the S Pen on your desk - You get a noisy reminder, so even for me it's virtually impossible to loose the pen slight_smile

Finally, I think I've only charged the phone 3 times in 2.5 weeks I've had it and it's still on 50% now, so no worries about battery usage. I even had most things turned on that I wouldn't usually have on (bluetooth, gps etc) and I was running the S Health app (for a laugh). 

I never did reach my target set for me at 10,000 steps a day - but it's kinda difficult to walk around the interior of my car lol.

Sad to see this one go and wouldn't hesitate myself, to own one.

In fact the only possible negative, for some people, may be the screen size. But if this doesn't bother you, it has to be THE best phone on the market currently ???

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's why I bought one mate slight_smile
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same tea/coffee jars tongue

Nice review tho slight_smile

Message 23 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Great review and a very impressive phone! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 26

jonsie
  • 94190 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Nice review. I think I will be trading the Note 2 in when I get back to the UK.
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice MI5.

Sounds like a worthy piece of kit to own.

Trust a woman to notice the coffee jars etc. Lol Adrianna. wink
Message 26 of 26