Did you mean: 

Device Trial - Note 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions

First Impressions.

I wanted to start this now as I think I'm gonna have so much to say and I don't want to forget anything....

So, anyway WOW !!!!

First thing you notice is the size, obviously.

It's big, but it's not too big. Overall it's not much bigger than my One but the screen looks twice the size.

Talking of the screen, the colours and resolution are just mind blowing.

Air gestures are simply just so convenient you wonder why every phone doesn't have them.

Hover over the lock screen and get notification previews, scroll the page with your eyes, answer a call by waving at the phone (which enables speaker phone mode) - Just so "right" in every way.

There is so much on here as standard I haven't even downloaded one single app of my own yet and I'm still playing with the stock features.....

I haven't turned my tablet on yet since this arrived either as using the S Pen on forums is easy and accurate. Handwriting recognition is linked to the inbuilt dictionary so even if you mis spell a word it still recognises it and enters it correctly....

Anyway, that's it for now so I'm off to play some more.

I'll be watching some TV on it later and on this screen it's gonna be amazing slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions

Well battery had dropped to below 25% tonight so I figured I should put it on charge.....

2014-01-14 18.47.17.png

2014-01-14 18.47.50.png

Also ran a benchmark test:

2014-01-14 18.46.24.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats an excellent result getting about the same from mine slight_smile

Message 12 of 26

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
How long does it take to charge back up guys?

My iPhone is quick, but the Android devices all have such huge variation in charge speed.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 26

MI5
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions
It took 2.5 ish hours last night from 23% to 100%. Not bad for the size of battery....
In theory, with a 1amp charger it should take just over 3 hours from fully flat to fully charged.
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine charges from flat to full in around 2 hours that's using the 2amp charger and USB 3 cable that came with it
Message 15 of 26

MI5
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions
Yeah, of course, my theoretical charging time will halve with a 2a charger.
Message 16 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
just pure physics lol but depends on what the device's own internal charge limiting will kick in at.

even if you connect a 2.1 amp ipad charger to an iphone it will only draw 1 amp to charge the iphone etc.

(I know different manufacturer but valid on any make of device)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did yours not come with the charger MI5 ?
Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 149735 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28523 Solutions
Yes, but I'm charging from the one that is permanently plugged in beside my bed.
Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ok I see its super quick with the stock charger
Message 20 of 26