cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service? What customer service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at the end of my tether.  Been with 02 for over 5 years, but reception at my home has been so bad since May that I've finally given up and moved to Orange. Wanted to take my no. with me and had to contact 02 customer service to do this.  HOWEVER 02 customer service obviously overwhelmed due to launch of iPhone 5.  After hours (literally) of hanging on, I eventually got my PAC code and am now with Orange.  I wanted to be able to use my old hand-set (for another purpose) and was dismayed to learn that I'd have to buy a PAYG sim and £15 worth of 02 PAYG credit in order to  have it released by 02 (I was on a sim-only deal anyway, so I don't understand why it was locked into 02, but never mind).  Due to the aggro I'd been thru, when I asked 02 customer service for the £15 to be credited to my account to make up for all the hassle in getting my no. transferred to Orange, they agreed.

Wait for this...

There's now £12.50 sitting in my 02 account (I think they might have subtracted £2.50 to pay for the last bit of billing prior to my switch).  And today I went into the 02 store to use the money to sort out having my old hand-set unlocked only to be told that BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE AN 02 NUMBER ANY MORE THE MONEY IS NO LONGER THERE.

How mad is this?  They only agreed to give it to me in the first place because I was having such hassle trying to leave.  I just want to use my old hand-set.  Please 02 customer service, show me that you can do something to help.  I know I'm no longer a customer, but I was with you for a long time.  I feel so sorry for the people who work in your shops.  They have absolutely no autonomy, and can't really help when people have problems even if they want to.  Everything has to go back through your customer service helpline.  And helpline really is a misnomer.  I've had no help at all.

I'm happy to cough up the other £2.50 if I really have to (tho I really don't understand why I should have to pay anything at all to have MY OWN HANDSET unlocked).  But why say you'd give me some credit to compensate for all the hassle I had trying to get my no. transferred, if you didn't mean it.  You have caused me such enormous frustration.  I don't understand why a huge organisation like 02 never seems to have anyone available who can help.  Really fed up.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 CS are unlikely to read that here, you could make a formal complaint:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK.  Thanks.  I'm trying that and live in hope.  

Tell you something else frustrating though - they suggest you 'click to chat' and there's no button to click on!

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I've just tried and it worked for me, go to Contact us at the bottom of the page and wait for Chat online to pop up, not Ask Lucy.

It's very busy right now though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4