cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit on contract ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ive been a o2 customer for a while now an i was recieving great serivce from o2 until i went on holiday..

Before i went to st lucia i made sure i called up o2 to activate " ROAMING" which was succesfully done, My problem is that when i called up o2. I asked a operator is there a credit limit on my account so i dont spend to much whilst im out there.
she Responded " You have a credit limit of £200 "

So me thinking thats alright £200 not too much, i went ahead an proceded to my holiday.. Whilst i was there i used my phone to call back to uk mobiles & landlines. 2 weeks later when i arrived back in england my phone got disconnected.

I called up o2 customer serivce to ask what was the problem because my bill wasnt due, when i was on the phone i enquired on how much my bill would be an one minute she said £500 two minutes later it was £634 , an the charges kept on rolling in .. She said this was due to delayed charges because i was roaming..

But why is my bill coming in at over £200 when that was my " CREDIT LIMIT " Aint u ment to inform the customer or disconnect the line once it reaches. all over networks when u have a credit limit u cannot pass that amount on your bill.

So can u answer me why is my bill coming in so high when i had a credit limit of £200 on there , please get back to me asap Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 don't impose credit limits on customers accounts and their usage is only monitored if they are a credit risk. As it is the customers responsibility to keep an eye on their usage O2 cannot say they will keep an eye on your balance.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ive been a o2 customer for a while now an i was recieving great serivce from o2 until i went on holiday..
Before i went to st lucia i made sure i called up o2 to activate " ROAMING" which was succesfully done, My problem is that when i called up o2. I asked a operator is there a credit limit on my account so i dont spend to much whilst im out there.
she Responded " You have a credit limit of £200 "
So me thinking thats alright £200 not too much, i went ahead an proceded to my holiday.. Whilst i was there i used my phone to call back to uk mobiles & landlines. 2 weeks later when i arrived back in england my phone got disconnected.
I called up o2 customer serivce to ask what was the problem because my bill wasnt due, when i was on the phone i enquired on how much my bill would be an one minute she said £500 two minutes later it was £634 , an the charges kept on rolling in .. She said this was due to delayed charges because i was roaming..
But why is my bill coming in at over £200 when that was my " CREDIT LIMIT " Aint u ment to inform the customer or disconnect the line once it reaches. all over networks when u have a credit limit u cannot pass that amount on your bill.
So can u answer me why is my bill coming in so high when i had a credit limit of £200 on there , please get back to me asap Thanks

You should find this helpful, which is taken from section 5.4 of the terms and conditions of a customers contract:

"We cannot set usage limits on your account and you will be liable for all Charges incurred by use of your Mobile Phone. We will monitor usage of the Service via your account for the purpose of controlling our credit risk and your exposure to fraudulent usage. If usage on your account gives us cause for concern we will attempt to contact you by text message or by calling your Mobile Phone. If we are unable to contact you we may have to restrict service on your Mobile Phone and/or we will have the right to bar your Mobile Phone. You will need to contact us before you can use any of the chargeable aspects of the Service. You may be required to make an interim payment before Service can be reinstated."
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for that.. But why was i told that i would have a credit limit , so thats why i didnt monitor my usage because she told me it can only reach £200 ... is there anyway i can fight this case
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for that.. But why was i told that i would have a credit limit , so thats why i didnt monitor my usage because she told me it can only reach £200 ... is there anyway i can fight this case

I am sorry that you were mis-informed. Call Customer Services and ask if a note has been left by the advisor that you spoke to advising you about the £200 limit and if theres no note, ask that a Manager listens to the call. Thats the only thing that you can do.
Message 5 of 5