cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit default record because of errors at O2 and Carephonewarehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

I returned a handset relating to an O2 pay monthly contract to Carphonewarehouse within my 14 day return period.

I was charged a disconnection fee by O2 for over £500. When calling Customer services they told me Carphonewarehouse had notified them that I had returned the handet and suggested I block the Direct Debit charge to my account.

I visited the Carphonewarehouse store in person and they said to me O2 had been correctly notified and that the charge to my account would be reversed.

A couple of months later I find that I have a default notice on by Credit file. It then took me a few days to get the correct people at O2 and Carphonewarehouse to talk to each other and agree that I had returned the handset on time. 

I was told that I have to chase CreditFileReferrals@O2.COM myself to get my credit file cleared of this.

My issue now is that due to no fault of my own, I have a significantly deterioted credit file and I have to chase all involved to rectify this. I have been with 02 for over 10 years and have 3 paymonthly accounts.

O2, is this how you treat loyal customers?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When things go wrong at O2 it seems a hell of a job to get it resolved and no one will take responsibility. All you can do is keep chasing them and also make a complaint. Details on how are contained in the link. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

In the meantime write to all the credit agencies with a notice of correction that the default has been placed in error. 

CPW need to take a little responsibility too as you were their customer. 

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Try using resolver off the above complaints link - they seem to get good results http://www.resolver.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
This actually sounds like a CPW cockup, as they probably forgot to notify o2 in time, in order for the sales person to get their commission from o2 and be paid for it... So I would also be kicking off at CPW as well...

Also remember mistakes do happen, nobody is perfect!!
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4