Did you mean: 

Community signing-in

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25203 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys

Just tried to sign-in with usual info but would not accept password so had to reset it.

Then accepted new one and told me to use that in future - all that on My02 before accessing forum

Anyone else had the same problem?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36253 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I can't tell you @pgn how many times I want to respond to a post, enter the forum through an email notification,  do a long reply/comment totally forgetting that sign in loop. And having then to sign in and type my reply all over again. Or hit sign out by mistake and have to sign in again.

Handy though, I must admit IF you remember to use it Smiley Very Happy

Doesn't appear in the "Full" view, but your eye is drawn to it in mobile view ok. 

I keep the Community open in more than one tab, when that daft error/loop happens, switch to the other tab and refresh and sign-in, switch back to the misbehaving tab and re-enter creds. Not lost a thing, but have posted later than intended because of the faff, @Glory1

Message 41 of 50

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

I can't tell you @pgn how many times I want to respond to a post, enter the forum through an email notification,  do a long reply/comment totally forgetting that sign in loop. And having then to sign in and type my reply all over again. Or hit sign out by mistake and have to sign in again.

Handy though, I must admit IF you remember to use it Smiley Very Happy

Doesn't appear in the "Full" view, but your eye is drawn to it in mobile view ok. 

I keep the Community open in more than one tab, when that daft error/loop happens, switch to the other tab and refresh and sign-in, switch back to the misbehaving tab and re-enter creds. Not lost a thing, but have posted later than intended because of the faff, @Glory1

Yes it is a faff @pgn. As I'm on my phone I can't have 2 tabs open, I don't think. Anyway, when I first enter the forum, through an email notification, I'm in mobile view. What I have to remember is to sign in at that very useful loop before starting a response. Sometimes I forget until I complete my response, hit post, and get sent to the sign in screen. Sometimes I can get my post back but often lose it.

I just have to remember always to sign in before attempting a post, particularly a long one joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 42 of 50

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36253 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Chrome on Android does support multiple "tabs", look:Screenshot_20190516-231939__01.jpg

Message 43 of 50

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Ah, must switch then @pgn. I am presently using Samsung Internet as my browser, though I do have Chrome.

But last time I used Chrome as a browser it did some strange things in the forum, and in my games. So went back to Samsung.

I'll try it again and see what happens.

Message 44 of 50

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123183 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Ah, must switch then @pgn. I am presently using Samsung Internet as my browser, though I do have Chrome.

But last time I used Chrome as a browser it did some strange things in the forum, and in my games. So went back to Samsung.

I use Chrome when using my phone @Glory1 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 50

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

I use Chrome when using my phone @Glory1 

Me too....

Message 46 of 50

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well I'm gonna try it again now, and see what happens. I do prefer Chrome, if honest.

Message 47 of 50

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I find copy & paste so much easier with Chrome on mobile and tablet and it seems much quicker than say, Firefox on mobile. I never use the Samsung browser but do use Opera sometimes.

Message 48 of 50

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

No still having problems with Chrome and the community, so have gone back to Samsung Internet. I just can't be bothered trying to work out what the problem is.

It works fine using Samsung Internet so am not going to faff about with Chrome.

Message 49 of 50

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Stick with what you know best and what works for you. Trying to use a different browser does take getting used to

Message 50 of 50