Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI calling

Gail90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve just recently come back to o2 and went for PAYG to keep the direct debits down. I wanted to set up WIFI calling but noticed I didn’t have the settings. I got in touch with o2 through chat which to be fair was quick and hassle free but I was told just because I am PAYG I can’t get WIFI calling. It’s a free service so I don’t understand why I wouldn’t be able to get it. Think that’s a bit unfair o2.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes it's unfair definitely. Only certain phones and tariffs are eligible. The incentive is to buy from O2 and at a qualifying tariff.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144208 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's not actually free though. There's a lot of network infrastructure required to enable it to function correctly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Gail90
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I understand that but it’s offered free to pay monthly customers so why not all?
Message 4 of 6

Gail90
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I understand that only certain phones would be eligible. All companies are the same, they just wanna suck you into a contract.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144208 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Gail90 wrote:
I understand that but it’s offered free to pay monthly customers so why not all?

Because contract customers have committed to paying a certain amount to O2 over the contract period so O2 know they have that amount of money to invest in the network. As a PAYG customer, you could leave tomorrow and not contribute to the work required.

I'm sure that once all the work is complete and the outlay starts to pay for itself, it will be available to all customers, but until then, it needs to be financed against a strong business model.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6