Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for Latest Message Posted before Contributing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone raised in another thread a very good suggestion that

"What would also help is this....

Having the facility to see (as you are about to press send on your reply) the very LAST post made. You could then amend yours before you send it...thus avoiding duplication of posts OR going off at a tangent!"   (I think it may have been @Cleoriff  but if not my apologies to whoever it was)

I try to achieve this by using the "View discussion in a popup" opion that is presented just below the reply box.  Viewing the popup and using my browser refresh lets me see the latest state of play (I think).  Maybe others would like to try it out and comment accordingly.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I have just tried that on this thread...and though it works (though no-one else had replied I can't be sure) It does take you to another page to view.

My point was...on other forums you don't need to do that....the very latest post can be seen as you press send...it then holds YOUR reply in case you need to edit. The Lithium forum does not allow that....without opening another page.

Apparently Toby has been in dicussions with @Beenherebefore  to get this issue addressed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have just tried that on this thread...and though it works (though no-one else had replied I can't be sure) It does take you to another page to view.

My point was...on other forums you don't need to do that....the very latest post can be seen as you press send...it then holds YOUR reply in case you need to edit. The Lithium forum does not allow that....without opening another page.

Apparently Toby has been in dicussions with @Beenherebefore  to get this issue addressed

Thank you ma'am.  I will put a note in my diary for 2016 to check progress. LOL

Just a point for clarification though - the "View discussion in popup" does not take you to another page to view.  It opens the whole thread in a new window so that you can then see the latest state of play.

Message 3 of 3