cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caution when using switch up online and over the phone.

Rog22
Level 3: Thinker
  • 54 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

If you do it online or over the phone, obviously there are a few risks of devices getting lost in transit etc.

So my situation was, I did a switch up online for an iPhone 16 pro.

I wasn't able to receive the pin code so the courier couldn't deliver and after 3 attempts it was sent back to o2. They have received it back and it has now been taken off my account.

However the old device (iPhone 15 pro max) which I was switching up from has been un-linked from its number on my account and o2 say there is no way for them to link it back together again. So basically I'm left with an unlinked account that I'm not able to use switch up again with and they said the only way to upgrade now is to go into store and use o2 recycle which means I would then have to add around £500 to it just to upgrade or obviously wait until the end of my contract. That's just ridiculous, I can't be the only one who was unable to receive the switch up delivery even the courier said others have had this problem, So they will obviously be in the same situation as me then. Surely they must have something in place for when this happens! I have told them I want to complain so just waiting for a "manager" to call me back though I got an email already saying complaint resolved! Well no it hasn't been. Any advice on what to do next if they can't/won't sort it for me?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11620 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Rog22 

They cant reattach it, its a known issue and happened to a lot of people when they migrated to the new billing platform...  (me included)

You are going to have to go the complaints route via the details there https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

That is all you can do sorry to say..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Rog22
Level 3: Thinker
  • 54 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

I have emailed their complaints department. Hopefully they will find some sort of resolution over this.

Message 3 of 3