cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant return a damaged mobile phone that is insured?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have all my mobiles with O2 and until today had no complaints.

My daughter’s mobile was damaged on Saturday. I went to an O2 shop that I use all the time and was told I had to report it over the phone. When I did, I was told they were too busy to deal with my call and could I ring back on the Monday (today). Good customer service right there.

I made the call as they requested, but was told i can’t return my damaged mobile because they can’t see when it was last used. I explained they had sent a text to it with a security code that very morning and I was using it as I spoke to them. None of this evidence mattered. I was told I would have to ring again in the afternoon, or the following day. I asked what if they still could still not see any evidence of use (even though they admitted I was indeed using it as we were speaking) and they could not answer.

In other words, it would appear I am stuck with a broken phone that is insured, but I can’t return because they have a problem their end (they admitted it during the conversation). It was apparently a companywide issue (since Saturday) and no one will be able to return their phone at the moment.

Is this true, no one is able to return a phone if broken at the moment?

I am perplexed and disappointed with this poor customer service. It would be interesting to know if they told me the truth about the issue being companywide. I assume the calls are recorded so they could verify this has been said to me?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Glad you had a good experience Steve and thanks for letting us know about a positive experience. We tend to only hear bad things here.

Message 21 of 35

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Praise should be given where its due.
Thanks

Steve
Message 22 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

That's excellent news @welshsteve76. Thanks for letting us know. As said, we rarely see positive feedback so this was great to read...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update as a way of showing my thanks to those that provided some feedback. This is the first time i have ever used a forum.

I have passed my details on to a helpful forum controller (thanks Toby) who is going to hopefully assist me in resolving this problem. I have not had any feed back from O2 as yet on why i cant return the phone and if the companywide issue has been resolved yet. Its disappointing.

Message 24 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
So what's that now. 4 or 5 days since you first tried?
Appalling level of service imho......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I hope it gets sorted soon @Anonymous...this has gone on far too long. As you have said earlier, it really makes you wonder why you pay for insurance when you keep getting fobbed off at every turn...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 35

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Oh Lordy, don't you just love insurance companies and their wriggling...bottom line is profit! For over 40 years I've had car insurance, home insurance, phone insurance, credit card insurance, pet insurance, NH Insurance  and god knows what else insurance.  Only ever made 1 claim for a laptop that the dog knocked a drink over (home insurance) which they eventually paid after I jumped through hoops and at one stage I thought they were going to interview the dog!

Actually they didn't actually pay, they collected the laptop for inspection and then sent a replacement....that was 5 years ago and I'm still using it now....

Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

All

Thank you to those who tried to help me on this.

I have just finally been put through to the insurance side of O2 since first reporting the claim last Saturday.

I have been told they will pick up the phone on Monday to then take it away for inspection for a few days (up to five I think she said), then they will repair it and send it back. I will also be paying the £60 excess.

So it looks like not only have I had a broken phone since Saturday, I will now be without it for another week or so. The only explanation for my trouble…they had experience a glitch that seems to have been fixed now. Other than this forum, I have had no effort from O2 to contact me back as they promised to resolve this.

If you would have asked me last week what I thought of O2, I would have celebrated them. In fact all my family have O2 phones. Now, after experiencing what must be the worst customer experience I have ever had, I will definitely NOT be taking them up on their insurance again, and will probably leave them all together.

I leave this forum a very disappointed O2 customer, but grateful for their Community none the less.

Message 28 of 35

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
Good luck and sorry we didn't meet under better circumstances.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

To be honest I understand your frustration. My advice though would be to change insurance company. If you have been happy with your network service and contract etc, it seems a pity to leave o2 altogether based on a poor experience with their insurers. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

I hope everything is now sorted quickly and to your satisfaction...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 35