cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant return a damaged mobile phone that is insured?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have all my mobiles with O2 and until today had no complaints.

My daughter’s mobile was damaged on Saturday. I went to an O2 shop that I use all the time and was told I had to report it over the phone. When I did, I was told they were too busy to deal with my call and could I ring back on the Monday (today). Good customer service right there.

I made the call as they requested, but was told i can’t return my damaged mobile because they can’t see when it was last used. I explained they had sent a text to it with a security code that very morning and I was using it as I spoke to them. None of this evidence mattered. I was told I would have to ring again in the afternoon, or the following day. I asked what if they still could still not see any evidence of use (even though they admitted I was indeed using it as we were speaking) and they could not answer.

In other words, it would appear I am stuck with a broken phone that is insured, but I can’t return because they have a problem their end (they admitted it during the conversation). It was apparently a companywide issue (since Saturday) and no one will be able to return their phone at the moment.

Is this true, no one is able to return a phone if broken at the moment?

I am perplexed and disappointed with this poor customer service. It would be interesting to know if they told me the truth about the issue being companywide. I assume the calls are recorded so they could verify this has been said to me?

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Oh Lordy, don't you just love insurance companies and their wriggling...bottom line is profit! For over 40 years I've had car insurance, home insurance, phone insurance, credit card insurance, pet insurance, NH Insurance  and god knows what else insurance.  Only ever made 1 claim for a laptop that the dog knocked a drink over (home insurance) which they eventually paid after I jumped through hoops and at one stage I thought they were going to interview the dog!

Actually they didn't actually pay, they collected the laptop for inspection and then sent a replacement....that was 5 years ago and I'm still using it now....

Message 27 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
What a complete load of tosh.
Call back and demand the services you are paying for and don't be fobbed off by yet more incompetence !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I haven't heard anything about problems returning phones. Maybe @Toby our head of community could advise more on this ?

Edited. spelling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions
Message 4 of 35

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
Is the handset you are trying to claim on insurance with the one that was originally purchased with the contract, or replaced previously by Insurance.

Is your IMEI showing in My o2 the same as the handset, you can find out by typing *#06# into the phone (if you can see the screen or use the screen).

Also through the enterprise channel not heard of any system outages at o2.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 35

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Total fabrication and awful customer service. I don't even see a problem if the phone is insured. The sim card is in the phone and presumably it's latched to the IMEI in My O2?

Message 6 of 35

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Customer services should be completing the claim form.
There's no need for the customer to do so - sounds like someone CBA !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Trying to figure out the message board. First time ive used one

Thank you all for replying

Is the handset you are trying to claim on insurance with the one that was originally purchased with the contract, or replaced previously by Insurance - It is the original handset

Is your IMEI showing in My o2 the same as the handset, you can find out by typing *#06# into the phone (if you can see the screen or use the screen) - yes it is

Message 8 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Totally agree....I am sure it takes them longer to fob people off....than actually do the job they are paid to do....Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 35

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Call back again @Anonymous and stand your ground until someone completes a claim form for you.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 35