cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a replacement tablet, advice wanted!

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi guys,

So, after the awfulness of being burgled I've had confirmation of an insurance payout. I'll be looking to spend at the most £200 and want an Android tablet.

I've been looking at the Samsung Tab A 9.7"'as it's the closest spec wise to my original tablet stolen in the burglary. I had the Samsung Tab 4 8.0" so the Tab A is a bigger screen, which is definitely a draw for me as it's used to stream movies.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions for my new tablet purchase? I've found the Tab A for £179 (i think) in several places.

The other thing to think about is that we'll be buying x2 tablets as my gfs was stolen also. She lost a Samsung Tab 3 lite, but we're looking to buy something similar to what I've mentioned for myself. Are there any places offering either discounts or cashback for buying two devices that anyone knows off?

@Anonymous pops to mind for the bargain side of buying stuff, 😛 but I'd love any input from anyone "in the know" on this...

Thanks in advance 😉

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh gosh how horrible for you both, we all have samsung tablets ( yes i know I am an apple fan but there are just some things that an android tab does that an ipad doesn't Horrified

Look for ebay shops selling possibly refubs there's 1% cashback on topcashback with ebay also if you didn't get the recent 20% discount from ebay there's a possibility you might be eligible for that too ill see if I can find the code.

my tab came from smartfone ebay shop the others i picked up on the local facebook selling sites though it can be risky and I did have to replace a battery one one of them this week but thats after over a years use ( abuse ) from eldest who hammers everything 

found the code its account sepcific and you need to use paypal for payment 

C20OFFERUK

max discount is £50 in spend is £20 hubby and i both did orders ( dont forget to link nectar card for even more benifit off ebay purchases) and put a few things in the basket then checked out.

Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Just Google for the best prices on whatever you decide but look at cashback sites like Quidco etc for cashback deals and don't forget O2 priority for discounts off Currys / PCWorld.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 13

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Thanks @MI5 I'd actually not thought of priority! Good call, I'll look at that now!!

I think I am gonna go for the Tab A because everything else seems a bit out of the price range 😒
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

When I bought the last two (both for family members) I went for those recommended to me by the guys on here. They were both Samsung btw....and one came direct from Sammy as they had a sale on... Best of luck with whatever you choose Charlie...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get a Samsung. Maybe expensive but worth the money. Don't get a cheapo just cause it looks nice.

good luck me dear

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I have a Nexus and a Samsung....no contest, Samsung is far superior. ..IMHO wink

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh gosh how horrible for you both, we all have samsung tablets ( yes i know I am an apple fan but there are just some things that an android tab does that an ipad doesn't Horrified

Look for ebay shops selling possibly refubs there's 1% cashback on topcashback with ebay also if you didn't get the recent 20% discount from ebay there's a possibility you might be eligible for that too ill see if I can find the code.

my tab came from smartfone ebay shop the others i picked up on the local facebook selling sites though it can be risky and I did have to replace a battery one one of them this week but thats after over a years use ( abuse ) from eldest who hammers everything 

found the code its account sepcific and you need to use paypal for payment 

C20OFFERUK

max discount is £50 in spend is £20 hubby and i both did orders ( dont forget to link nectar card for even more benifit off ebay purchases) and put a few things in the basket then checked out.

Message 7 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Tablet Z3 compact.
Bargain prices atm
Message 8 of 13

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous that code, will it work for me? You say it's account specific?

I didn't use the 20% discount the other day though. Where would I find a code account specific to me? You can pm here or on gg, or on this thread, in fact do u have my email addy? Anyhoo get in touch please luv 😉

It's definitely gonna be a Samsung again though. My Samsung Tab 4 was a bloody good tablet so I'll go with what I know. Grrr but I shouldn't have to be doing all this.... (Yes I'm still really annoyed at the burglary)!

Anyway, it is what it is so I'll just get on with it! Thanks Sandra, that's great advice hun.

@MI5 there's actually a discount on my priority for a Tab A. It's one with 4g as well as Wi-Fi. But it's on a 24mth contract that doesn't specify refresh (i'd want to pay it off immediately) so I'll look into that further before making a decision!
Message 9 of 13

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@viridis I'd consider a Z3 but I'll have to look it up first. Thanks for the input 😉
Message 10 of 13