Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing issues

Sarah141
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered an upgrade on 23/01/24, which 02 cancelled, which is visible on my account, so am still using my old phone with the old contract. Every month I have to ring 02, because they keep charging me for the upgrade I never received. They then send me emails saying I'm in arrears with my account, when I'm actually in credit. 7 months and 21 phone calls amounting to over 18 hours, this still is still not resolved, I keep getting told it will be sorted by the technical team and removed from my account and bill when my next bill arrives but it never is, its supposedly been escalated 4 or more times, the complaints department are supposed to have been ringing me since April and I'm still waiting. It's got to the point now that I'm going to take them to court

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

and so you should @Sarah141 

Absolutely appalling level of service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

If you have lodged a formal complaint @Sarah141, the escalation process is detailed in :-

o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

One or two members of this community have spoken well about the Ombudsman recently. In my personal opinion, that is likely to be a more straightforward process that trying to take O2 to court. 

Message 3 of 3