cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE YOU DON'T GET STUNG!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Accidentally while using my phone I went over my minutes allowance because I thought I was calling a free land-line and I was in fact calling a mobile. The call cost me £8.828 but then as I had gone over my minutes I was then charged £1.109 for a 6min 31sec call then £0.085, £3.22, £3.342, 34p, 10,2p and on and on until it came to £19.39, nearly £20 = nearly £24 inc. VAT all for accidentally going over once!
When I rang up the customer services to complain I was told that there was nothing they could do (although back in January 2008 they kindly waived an accidental over use) and that I would have to pay the full amount or have my service restricted. After much arguing and haggling I managed to get them to accept half now and half next month.
Now I have been a loyal O2 customer since the days of BTCellnet and expected better service.
There was no warning that I had gone over my minutes and I continued to get Stung for the rest of the month!
So my warning to other O2 customers is;
BEWARE YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY GO OVER YOUR MINUTES 'COS O2 WON'T GIVE YOU A REFUND!
And my complaint to O2 is;
Why do you have to be so "Nickle & Dime" and will you please give your customers some warning that they have gone over their minutes, please.
What can we do about this problem?
Well what I've done when I got "Stung" once before over internet charges was to reduce my monthly payments by £10 per month thereby saving myself £120 per year and this time when my contract is due for renewal I shall reduce it by another £5 a month or £60 per year so you see O2 will have lost £180 a year from me and every other customer who uses this system of reducing and clawing back costs, so ultimately they have lost money for not being very understanding, not good business really! Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"?
Alternatively you could change your service provider! But I like O2 and always have, shame they've gone downwards!
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
So they gave you a goodwill refund once, and now you want another one. That would not be goodwill that would be paying your bill for you!

I think you missed this bit.
Why do you have to be so "Nickle & Dime" and will you please give your customers some warning that they have gone over their minutes, please?

Why on earth should they, it is your bill and your contract if for an allowance of free minutes after that you pay for them. Can't see your problem, if your allowance isn't enough get a bigger plan!

Do you work for O2? I think if you re-read my original post you will see that I was upset because I was Stung, but I shall have the last laugh when I save £180 a year!
The customer is Always right, Always!
Message 11 of 51

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Accidentally while using my phone I went over my minutes allowance because I thought I was calling a free land-line and I was in fact calling a mobile. The call cost me £8.828 but then as I had gone over my minutes I was then charged £1.109 for a 6min 31sec call then £0.085, £3.22, £3.342, 34p, 10,2p and on and on until it came to £19.39, nearly £20 = nearly £24 inc. VAT all for accidentally going over once!

Have I got this wrong....you say you went over once, but you list at least 8 calls made when you were already over your allowance?
Sorry but this is rank bad budgeting. There are several ways of managing your allowance and you didn't see fit to check before making any of the above calls? This reluctance to check indicates to me that you didn't think it was necessary as O2 would refund you as they had kindly done in January 2008.
Perhaps now that you know O2 won't waive the charges, you will manage your allowance better and especially in view of the fact that these charges may increase in the near future.
As your last statement that you will win because you are opting for a lower tariff, I find it laughable....you can't manage your allowance now and you are reducing your allowance. If you feel so strongly, maybe your better option would be to find another network who will let you go over your allowance without penalty. Good luck with that!
Message 12 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you work for O2? I think if you re-read my original post you will see that I was upset because I was Stung, but I shall have the last laugh when I save £180 a year!

Why would I work for o2, I just don't see why they should be blamed for treating you as an adult. I certainly don't want o2 calling me if I have to make a few extra calls and go over my allowance! I just pay the bill! You could always try it! How are o2 stinging you for calls you make? Bizzare!
Message 13 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 give you several tools to manage your allowance. I would not want them holding my hand, its not a Nanny state. In my opinion you have no valid complaint.
Message 14 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, they're not. But you can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better slight_smile
http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go you'll find this link handy. A nice, safe pay and go sim will suit you down to the ground. Easy peasy to manage. You can even keep your existing number. Yay!
Message 15 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
So the op is going to get revenge on o2 ( for doing nothing wrong!) by reducing his tariff and thereby getting even less free minutes than are already patently not enough for him. Comedy post of the year! grin grin grin
Most normal, sane people have a tariff tha provides enough free minutes so their bill is a relatively constant amount. If you are getting call charges, the thing to do is put your tariff up or MAKE FEWER CALLS.

Are you REALLY too stupid to understand what you have done to YOURSELF, or are you simply fishing for a reaction? :womanindifferent:
How do you mistake a mobile number for a landline? All mobiles start 07 and landlines are 01, 02 or 03. How can you get that wrong?
How can you be surprised that you are incurring charges after all your allowance is gone for the month?
Why would you be surprised that a business that earns it's revenue from phone calls wants paying for services it has provided that are not covered by the tariff?
Why would you think that lowering the tariff will bother said business in any way without considering the potential financial implication to yourself if you go over that one too?
Oh and " the customer is always right" was a 19th century marketing slogan coined by Maceys department store in New York. It has NEVER been a business rule for any company, including the one that coined it, so what are you talking about?
Good grief :womanindifferent:
And before you ask, no. I don't.
Message 16 of 51

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Keep it up, with your tactics for revenge you'll soon be getting bills running into hundreds of pounds! :womanindifferent: :womanindifferent:
Twallop! grin
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's a shame because the OP suggests they possess some intelligence to a certain degree...

:womanindifferent:

Nah. grin
Message 18 of 51

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3316 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Just realised the title of the thread: Bee-ware you don't get stung! grin grin grin
Sheepdog in 'oh the grammar, the grammar' mode
Message 19 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why can't some people just ask "is this right?" rather than steaming in and making themselves look like tits for ranting and raving about something that is perfectly normal?
Message 20 of 51