cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE YOU DON'T GET STUNG!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Accidentally while using my phone I went over my minutes allowance because I thought I was calling a free land-line and I was in fact calling a mobile. The call cost me £8.828 but then as I had gone over my minutes I was then charged £1.109 for a 6min 31sec call then £0.085, £3.22, £3.342, 34p, 10,2p and on and on until it came to £19.39, nearly £20 = nearly £24 inc. VAT all for accidentally going over once!
When I rang up the customer services to complain I was told that there was nothing they could do (although back in January 2008 they kindly waived an accidental over use) and that I would have to pay the full amount or have my service restricted. After much arguing and haggling I managed to get them to accept half now and half next month.
Now I have been a loyal O2 customer since the days of BTCellnet and expected better service.
There was no warning that I had gone over my minutes and I continued to get Stung for the rest of the month!
So my warning to other O2 customers is;
BEWARE YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY GO OVER YOUR MINUTES 'COS O2 WON'T GIVE YOU A REFUND!
And my complaint to O2 is;
Why do you have to be so "Nickle & Dime" and will you please give your customers some warning that they have gone over their minutes, please.
What can we do about this problem?
Well what I've done when I got "Stung" once before over internet charges was to reduce my monthly payments by £10 per month thereby saving myself £120 per year and this time when my contract is due for renewal I shall reduce it by another £5 a month or £60 per year so you see O2 will have lost £180 a year from me and every other customer who uses this system of reducing and clawing back costs, so ultimately they have lost money for not being very understanding, not good business really! Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"?
Alternatively you could change your service provider! But I like O2 and always have, shame they've gone downwards!
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I think they know exactly what they're doing and are just trying it on! 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 51

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3316 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Consider it practice for when the iphone 5 comes out :mansurprised:
Message 22 of 51

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Twallop! grin

I was thinking 'Twonk' but twallop works ok for me............very apt!
grin
Message 23 of 51

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Removed by me.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 24 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps the word inept would be more appropriate.

grin
Message 25 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
whether the op is right or wrong, why does he/she need to receive some replies that are so condescending.
Message 26 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
whether the op is right or wrong, why does he/she need to receive some replies that are so condescending.

Okay, I consider myself told off. 😞
It wouldn't hurt O2 to send a SMS when a customer is close to using all of their allowance - they do it for data afterall... 😐
Until such time O2 should or should not decide to do this however check your balance with this link below from your mobile:
http://wap.o2.co.uk/myo2account/
It's free so long as you stay in the My O2 areas if you don't have a data package. wink
Message 27 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because they asked for it by the very nature of the posts. They have managed to use a mobile since the days of BT Cellnet and not learn what having an allowance means? really?
I am sure if they had come on here asking as to the veracity of the charges they had got, and the nature of how mobile billing works rather than portraying it as some huge confidence trick that they had uncovered, the replies would have had an entirely different tone. Mine certainly would as I hope reading my other posts will illustrate.
If they wanted a rational and explanatory response, the opening post should have displayed those same qualities.
Message 28 of 51

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It's also free to send a text asking for your balance to 21202, so there's really no excuse for saying you don't know what your balance is.
The OP has accused O2 of charging them incorrectly which is not true, and has made ranting remarks suggesting they're not in a full understanding of how their contract works, I suggest it's about time they did, especially considering how long they've been with O2! 😐

Message 29 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am curious though, given the way the call charges were catalogued by the op, what exactly has he thought would happen, for the last decade or so, if you use up all your free minutes and continue to make calls? I genuinely don't see what outcome, other than being charged, anyone would expect?
Message 30 of 51