cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Service in Welwyn Garden City

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I popped in to your Welwyn Garden City store to look at a new phone, with my father. We got in and instantly headed for the Pay As You Go section. There were two (maybe three) members of staff on at the tills. 

As we was looking, one of the staff members came over and asked if we were ok or needed anything. We said 'No we are just looking'. She left us for about 10 seconds at most and then asked if we were ok or needed anything again. I said No, we are fine again. She kept bugging us and by this time we were pretty fed up. (The in store Music did not help, either).

We eventually got this woman to leave us alone and we carried on looking. About 1 minuite later, a man came up to us and asked exactly the same question. The store is quite small so all of the staff could see (and were watching) By this time, we had had enough and walked out, making sure we made all of the other customers thinking about walking into the store aware of what had happened.

Well done o2!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the flip side some shoppers hate it when they are not approached.

It's drilled into most of the retail sector to meet and greet customers.

I dislike phones 4 u as they hound you to distraction.

Message 2 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were being constantly hounded in there.

Message 3 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had that before annoys the hell out of me
Message 4 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149611 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
The sales staff are there to sell phones so were just doing their job. It's everywhere you go these days. Targets are set high so you get hounded to buy something everywhere you go.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trouble is it often has the opposite affect and people walk out
Message 6 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then you vote with your feet and leave the premises and try elsewhere.

Message 7 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149611 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
True, but a much higher percentage of undecided shoppers actually buy something this way.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Occasionally followed by Buyers Remorse ,and return it. wink

With so much 'Mystery Shoppers' going on staff are on high alert to meet and greet.
Message 9 of 34

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

They're doing their job. They are paid to help potential customers when they walk into the store. That's what they're there for. If you walked in and wanted help and were ignored, what would you say then?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 34