cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else fed up with poor phone reception

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all is anyone else out there fed up with the terrible phone reception they get with O2?
I am compelled to write this out of frustration with the poor signal I get in the Fetcham Surrey area. On looking on Twitter and talking to many others they all report the same sort of problem.
My wife is with 3 and very rarely has a signal issue.
I would love to know your thoughts and feeling about this because I don't believe 02 are taking people seriously enough.
I have been with 02 for many many years but I don't think that's going to last at this rate.
I very much look forward to hearing from you all
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
@AF I hope you don't think my post was aimed at you!
It was directly to the OP. wink

I understood perfectly! wink
Message 21 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am glad that i dont live in the USA to be honest. I mean apparently you have dead zones in the USA where you get no network coverage at all. Also some cities you get coverage and some you dont, depending what network you are with.
On o2 ok fair enough I might get low signal now and again depending on location, however I do still manage to make a call on 1/2 signal bars on my iphone. Anyways just thought I would add my bit to this slight_smile
Message 22 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am COMPLETELY fed up with the poor signal and all my calls going to answerphone. All I get from O2 is that I can buy out of my contract if I wish. Why the hell would I buy an iphone outright which is useless anyway. Worst phone ive ever owned

They are putting up more masts but they tell me none of them will be anywhere near me. 

Why do I waste my money and time.

Im totally trapped by them, thats why

Message 23 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked the status to make sure there are no issues in your area

status.o2.co.uk

Enter your postcode and see what they tell you for coverage and then please reply on here.
Message 24 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145112 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Try an EE PAYG sim.
You can also get your phone unlocked for free (if it's an iPhone 6 you have to buy it first though)....
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 25 of 36

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I was unhappy with their service and moved my main phone to EE months ago. Maybe they are too busy expanding 4G to cope with normal mast repairs. The local mast at home was repaired (allegedly) 5-6 times in 2 months which proved the final strw for me.

Message 26 of 36

G4Grandad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've been with O2 since the BT Cellnet times. I never had signal problems until the days of smartphones. There is a swathe of very poor reception in my postcode B77. At home it takes ten to fifteen minutes to load anything but if I walk150 metres in one direction or two hundred metres in another I get H our 4G no problem. This dead zone runs right through our town for more than a mile. Friends and relatives on other networks have no problems in this area but obviously have issues elsewhere. So this 200 metre dead zone is purely an O2 issue and it has cost them a number of loyal,long term customers. So,why do I put up with it? I've been with other networks too and O2 has always proved the best in customer service. And 02 Priority.. this year it has saved me more than the total cost I've paid out for my refresh contract. I can live with the nuisance coverage at home and occasional glitch elsewhere. And if you can't,as so many have said in this post, there are other networks waiting for your custom .
Message 27 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @G4Grandad

Thank you for your thoughts and Welcome to the Community.

Sadly as o2 rolls out its so called Network Modernisation Programme we are seeing regular occurrences of people complaining about poor signal across the country (and not just o2 either). A number of regulars on here have now left and gone to other networks. Ultimately you must choose the best network for the places you go to regularly.
Message 28 of 36

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I got tired of waiting for the roll out to come to my area and moved to EE.  Ironically 4G and mast upgrades came 2 months later. If O2 can't be bothered to publish a schedule then it's their loss....

Message 29 of 36

G4Grandad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I wasn't and am not complaining. All networks have their problems, in my opinion 02 more than makes up for theirs in other ways such as the Priority app. While O2 keep coming up with offers and imaginative incentives like that I'm staying with them.
Message 30 of 36