cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android ICS update for Galaxy S2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any news on when O2 will be providing the update for Android 4.0 ('Ice Cream Sandwich') to Samsung Galaxy S2?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well as there is no official update yet, it is hard to say. O2 will probably update about a month after.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't bother with O2 for updates in any way, shape or form for any device past or present. Immerse yourself with XDA Developers!
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently, Android ICS will be up on the 1st of March!!
Hmmm..so O2, please release the update as soon as ICS for GS@ is on air.
http://nvonews.com/2012/02/15/samsung-g ... n-march-1/
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
mb, you really think its going to be a big wait for ICS on Galaxy handsets ? what makes you think this ? if its going to be too long im think i might go the XDA route myself 😞 im too impatient
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm prepared to wait for the official update, as I've seen on some forums that the unofficial route has messed up some peoples' phones (Kies not working, some apps unavailable and other issues). Also, I like the Sky Go app which is not yet ICS compatible, hopefully the app will be updated when the ICS release becomes official
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung UK
We are working as quickly as possible to bring Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) to our Galaxy S II customers. The UK roll out commenced on Monday 19th March and will continue over the coming weeks, however the availability of software upgrades will be subject to each network’s own software approvals process.
Message 7 of 8

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
According to O2, S II users will have ICS by end of the month.
ewan
Message 8 of 8