Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aleting folk to spam or phishing O2 bills

KeithStoddart
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just received this email which fortunately went straight to my spam folder, there dos'nt seem to be an easy way to alert either O2 or other users that this is doing the rounds which is why Im posting here.

Your O2 bill

Thanks for your attention to O2

Hi, KEITHSTODDART

Your bill for 06/04/17 has been already ready, and this month you receive £205.18 for payment. We will take it away from your account at the payment day, or a bit after.

To view your latest bill online anytime:

Go to my bill ›

(JsReport - JavaScript based reporting platform)

Please note that this email has been sent to you from an unmonitored email account so we will not be able to respond to any replies to it. This email is sent from Telefónica UK Limited. Telefónica UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Reference Number 718822. Registered office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX. Registered number: 1743099.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

O2's advice is here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-and-phishing-advice

"Reporting a phishing email
Some phishing scams might pretend to be from O2. It's important that we see examples of phishing emails and websites so we can investigate and shut down scammers.

To report a suspicious email or website:
Create a new email draft with 'Phishing' as the subject
Attach the suspicious email
Send to phishing@o2.com"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @KeithStoddart Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting this important info, it's very good that other community members can see it too! Please do follow MI5's advice above as well about reporting it to O2 so it can be investigated.

Message 3 of 3