cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get a PAC code to move to a new service provider. I rang yesterday at 6pm and got a recorded message saying they were closed - despite the published opening times being up to 9pm.
I rang again today and I am still on hold waiting for one of their "UK Based advisors" to become available. 1 Hour 32 minutes so far - How much Take Than on jold music can you take?
I tried emailing but got a standard reply which tells me to ring the phone number that I am still waiting on
Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou very much slight_smile To the best of my knowledge, this contract was still being given out to Tesco customers as of the date mine got resolved.

This whole sorry mess is ultimately the result of misselling, not simply on the part of Tesco but 3 counts on O2's part.

Had everyone simply held their hands up and accepted I'd clearly been missold, dealt with the price increase and the failure to notify me of a revised contract, I'd have accepted and O2 would have kept me for the remaining contract term.

Ultimately, this is a customer care issue along with a complete lack of knowledge and understanding.

I don't think these contract changes were put in place due to the impending price increase. They were put in place quite some time back so O2 could impose these RPI terms with a view to locking in customers without any chance of losing them.

Interesting fact, this is actually academic since if you can show personal, 'Material Detriment' this would in fact override any such terms in your contract.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't just write anything into a contract. If it is unfair or conflicts with existing law, the law prevails.

If it seems unfair, get it checked out as it may well be.

"Significant Disadvantage (in O2's opinion)" is the reason I refused to accept the new contract. Even if I'd been given 30 days notice of this new contract, I'd still have rejected it on the basis of the above (without any reasonable offers of mitigation).

It pays to your contract and your rights slight_smile
Message 101 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I don't suppose you have a digital copy of the specific clause you'd be willing to share?

I wish to compare it to my own.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 102 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear Stuart, sorry to be patronising but actually, yes they do. I suggest you read my post re; 8.4(c) of MY contract. Remember, that contract is legally binding, on BOTH sides. Still don't get it?

Thank you for your time today when we discussed your account and I hope that our conversation has restored some faith back in O2 for you.

So to confirm our discussion – I will be disconnecting your account (Mobile No. ***********) with immediate effect and waiving all termination fees. You will receive a full and final invoice from O2 within 14 days and as you have already paid line rental up to 18th January you will have a credit on your bill for line rental from the 11th January to 18th January and also the goodwill gesture placed on by our Slough store will be included on that bill. You will have no further debits/charges applied to your account. Once you receive your final invoice showing the credits you can either call our customer service department or go to www.o2.co.uk/finalbillrefund and request the credit back electronically. This will then be paid into your bank account.

I will monitor your account to ensure that the above is actioned for you however you may receive automated information that I cannot prevent from being sent out. Please ignore any communications you may receive asking you to make payment as I will deal with this for you should the need arise.

This was following an O2 manager who (as expected) checked out my contract with O2's legal team and conceded that I had understood my contract correctly and as per that contract, would be closing my account on that basis if I still wanted to. Naturally, I accepted gratefully.

How was I able to pull off this little stunt? Easy, I read my contract, ALL of it Smiley Very Happy

Did read it actually & please be respectful & you must be one of the lucky people but could you as liquid has stated provide us with a screen cap of the clause

Message 103 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Robbie's situation was/is quite unique in that he'd been sold a contract based on an old wording of the Ts and Cs. I'd imagine that particular wording is no longer in circulation.

I'm sure Robbie's solution was influenced by that.
Message 104 of 120

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I've checked the wording against my current contract and it will not be able to use a similar solution.

However I'm interested if anyone has a relatively new tescos contract for me to look at?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 105 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'd think they'd removed it wouldn't you?
As of just a few weeks before my personal resolution, Tesco (o2?) were still using that same contract.

To the best of my knowledge, they were (still are?) using it on the day mine was finally resolved.

Consider that both parties were made aware back in mid December, 15th to be specific when I challenged both o2 and Tesco, the same day I got that price increase email so it seems they were still using that contract nearly a month on and maybe still are.

My situation is not really that unique. This is not store specific and unless I'm the only person to have ever taken out an O2 contract via Tesco (instore) then many other folk will have exactly the same contract.

Problem is most people will be unaware because when you talk to O2, they always point you at the contract on their website, totally unaware of what the customer was given instore.

Even when presented with my original contract, it took O2 nearly a month before they accepted their own contract. Advisers hadn't got a clue how to handle this and kept trying to cite this generic contract, freely available on O2's website.

I'm sure that O2 has had many a Tesco customer call re the price rise, totally unaware (and I'll bet O2 keeps it that way) of their rather favourable contract they originally signed in-store
Message 106 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I missed this and the following post from Stuart. This is a bit frustrating as I think you'll find I've already posted the relevant terms in the O2 contract supplied by Tesco. I'm to give you the emailed photocopy of the O" contract given out when I first signed but the digital copy is all in one single PDF including the airtime application with all my personal details which I hope you'll understand, I'm not willing to share.

Also remember, this will be of no use to you if you didn't join O2 via a Tesco Phone Shop instore (Tesco online applications refer you to O2's website with the current contract). Also, this will be of no benefit if you don't pull up the contract originally given to you instore. Try to pull this from your online account and it won't show you the contract you originally signed. I guess this is how O2 managed to dupe so many into believing they signed the current contract. This is what happened to me. Nobody in O2 was willing to acknowledge the contract I was supplied with save that single manager who actually listened, checked the legalities and confirmed that the terms of my contract given were true, correct and overiding because I'd never been notified of any change (which was a breach too).
Message 107 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry, I missed this and the following post from Stuart. This is a bit frustrating as I think you'll find I've already posted the relevant terms in the O2 contract supplied by Tesco. I'm to give you the emailed photocopy of the O" contract given out when I first signed but the digital copy is all in one single PDF including the airtime application with all my personal details which I hope you'll understand, I'm not willing to share.

Also remember, this will be of no use to you if you didn't join O2 via a Tesco Phone Shop instore (Tesco online applications refer you to O2's website with the current contract). Also, this will be of no benefit if you don't pull up the contract originally given to you instore. Try to pull this from your online account and it won't show you the contract you originally signed. I guess this is how O2 managed to dupe so many into believing they signed the current contract. This is what happened to me. Nobody in O2 was willing to acknowledge the contract I was supplied with save that single manager who actually listened, checked the legalities and confirmed that the terms of my contract given were true, correct and overiding because I'd never been notified of any change (which was a breach too).

I really hope O2 read this and rip you to peices in court unfortunately they will not as they can not be bothered with customers like you. 

You have said that it is Tesco that issued the contract so that will automatically disquilify O2 from blame. 

If you are trying to be clever you will fail massively. 

Message 108 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Steersy, just how could o2 rip me to shreds in court? If everything you said was true, then why did they eventually cave and accept the terms of the original O2 contract given to me when Tesco signed up with O2?

Easy, because that contract was still an O2 contract, not a tesco or even Tesco Mobile contract. This was an O2 contract that was supplied to Tesco for signing new customers to O2. Unfortunately, it seems O2 gave Tesco a rather old contract.

Just because Tesco issued said contract doesn't free O2 from blame. This is an O2 contract, not a Tesco contract. Tesco didn't write it, O2 did. Tesco wasn't using an older contract in preference to the current one. Tesco was using the only contract O2 had supplied them with.

Anyway, I wasn't blaming O2, I was simply holding them to the terms of the contract I signed. If you consider that holding them to ransom, that is your opinion. I'm simply holding them to legally binding contractual terms and eventually it worked. Much better than me taking them to a small claims court which would have cost them even more.

Seriously Steersy, this is a David and Goliath situation. Do you really think little old me could win this one if law and that contract weren't on my side?

You're not a little green maybe?

Message 109 of 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Total disgrace been on hold for 1 hour and still waiting ...  this is the 4th time i am attempting to get through to customer service due to holding for so long i have had to hang up each time.  Tried all times of the day & night and its the same!! 

The sooner i can leave this rubbish network the better.. it never used to be like this whats happend O2!!! you have lost it!!

Message 110 of 120