cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFFECTED CREDIT SCORE DUE TO UNAUTHORIZED O2 ACCOUNT & TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !

Ruk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

AFFECTED CREDIT SCORE DUE TO UNAUTHORIZED O2 ACCOUNT & TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !

I write this complaint with deep distress about an O2 account which has been registered in my name with no authority. 

I have received a letter in March 2023 claiming I own an account and several attempts later to resolve this, O2 is yet to find a solution , which is frustrating !!!!!

Sequence of events

I requested to convert my pre paid connection to a post paid connection WITH THE SAME NUMBER (ending xx888) in February 2023. However O2 decided for themselves to send me a NEW NUMBER for which an account (1XXX108099) is now created. Let me reiterate that a new number was never requested by me and there was no SIM card collected by me either. Having called over at the nearest branch to resolve this matter I was provided a new SIM card for my existing number ending xx888 and was directed to a call Centre to cancel any other accounts (if any)  

·       20/3/23 - 11.55am - spoke to an agent Nihal who promised to resolve this concern – NOT DONE!

·       28/4/2023 – 11.30am - - spoke to an agent Faraz who applied for credit of GBP 18.00 and who personally vouched to resolve this concern. – NOT DONE !! EVEN THOUGH THE CREDIT WAS APPLIED I'M MADE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE ADDITIONAL ACCOUNT WAS NEVER CLOSED !

Promised to have a manager contact me , 4 months down the line NO CALL from a Manager or any other O2 staff member with a resolution

·       19/7/2023 8.28am – Spoke to an agent Olwethu – Not helpful, kept repeating herself with a solution which was more procedural but not addressing my problem. She kept repeating the very same the previous agent Faraz informed and that was to apply credit for the outstanding value and have this resolved. Also that I would need to contact O2 once again on 13 August 2023 to have my credit file closed . Please I need to understand  why I should be contacting anyone to perform a job which O2 ideally should be doing ????Having informed Olwethu that applying for credit is only a temporary measure and not a permanent fix, the conversation fell on deaf ears!

After speaking to this lady for 1Hr 2 minutes later with NO VIABLE RESOLUTION TO MY CONCERN she rudely hung up having offered to have a Manager call back 

My credit report is affected ONLY BY THIS ERROR OF O2 which reflects an outstanding of GBP 63.00 (for no fault of mine !)

I look to have this resolved ASAP as I’m not able to delay my growth or plans for no fault of mine and I’m definitely not willing to accept O2's system constraints or staff negligence as a hindrance to my matters !!!!!

Please address this concern which has now reached its 4th month with no resolution !!!

Rukshini Obeysekera

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6784 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

This is a community forum made up of customers similar to yourself so we can't access accounts.

No one from O2 will read your post.

All we can do is point you at the complaints procedure 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I am told resolver gets good results

https://www.resolver.co.uk/

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

Or you can write or fax them:

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds